Public Relations Manager - Product Workday, Inc.
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Workday is a leader in enterprise-class, Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) solutions for managing global businesses, combining a lower cost of ownership with an innovative approach to business applications. Founded by PeopleSoft veterans Dave Duffield and Aneel Bhusri, Workday delivers unified Human Capital Management, Payroll, and Financial Management solutions designed for today's organizations and the way people work. Delivered in the cloud leveraging a modern technology platform, Workday offers a fresh alternative to legacy ERP. More than 310 customers, spanning medium-sized organizations to Fortune 50 businesses, have selected Workday.
The product PR manager will be responsible for developing PR programs that showcase the unique solutions, technologies, and teams that comprise Workdayâs industry-leading products. The product PR manager will be an ambitious collaborator, who brings fresh ideas, smart questions and an entrepreneurial spirit to how we communicate our product stories to our key stakeholders. The candidate will be someone who is creative, an excellent communicator, and a strong writer ready to take on this important role. The position is a critical component of a fast-paced, innovative product, and communications team, and the candidate needs to be prepared to skillfully manage programs from strategic planning through tactical execution.
- Build, maintain, and value positive relationships with the media.
- Work closely with product marketing and strategy teams to develop and execute public relations plans to support Workday products.
- Develop unique stories that spotlight Workday products through product launches and regular, day-to-day PR activities.
- Participate in company social media activity, helping to drive dialogue and engagement.
- Help manage day-to-day relationship with external public relations agency.
- Represent the communications/PR team in cross-functional teams to ensure alignment around business objectives and to advance broader company initiatives.
- Work as key member of the broader corporate communications team, offering collaboration, ideas, and support beyond the products.
- 5-7 years of public relations experience. Experience in enterprise software/technology either in-house or with an agency a plus.
- Ability to understand technology and translate into public relations strategies, messaging, and compelling stories.
- Strong strategic thinking, writing, communications, problem solving, technical and analytical skills.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and manage relationships with the media.
- Understanding of social media and how to be a great resource for journalists, bloggers, and other influencers.
- Solid organizational skills: proven capability to manage everything from strategy to details.
- Bachelorâs degree preferred.
- Position is based in San Francisco.
- Periodic travel is required.
||San Francisco, CA |
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
The Workday experience is the combination of everything that's unique about Workday: our culture, our core values, our company meetings, our Development "Show and Tell" happy hours, our soccer team, our recognition programs, but most importantly it's our people. It's everything that makes us different from your average employer, and everything that makes Workday a great place to spend a work day.
> 50M RaisedInvestors: Greylock Partners
, NEA All Jobs: at Workday, Inc.
|Headquarters:||6230 Stoneridge Mall Rd.|
Pleasanton, CA 94588
Support Workday, Inc. with Social Media services