Purchasing Analyst SpaceX
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Finance | Hawthorne, CA, United States
SpaceX is a US based advanced technology company founded by residing CEO and CTO, Elon Musk. SpaceX builds rockets and spacecraft from the ground up; including electronics, software, vehicle structures, and engines. Our development and production efforts represent some of the most dynamic and challenging technology and engineering systems in the world.
We pride ourselves on being a meritocracy where employees are defined by their capabilities and contributions, instead of title or tenure. We are actively seeking the best and brightest minds from all industries and technologies to continue to build our world class team.
Our employees thrive in a fast-paced environment focused on innovation and high levels of personal responsibility. At SpaceX we cut through the noise and believe in the essentials of hardcore engineering. We build it, test it, and fly it.
The SpaceX Finance Department is a critical player in our operations. To capitalize on our technical and market success, our team will execute large-scale projects that will define the bottom-line for the company. The functions within the department include accounting, controls, budgets, supply chain, purchasing and oversight of all financial operations. As SpaceX becomes the overall market leader, they will position us to maximize valuation, fuel growth and ensure achievement.
-Analyze RFQ Diversity and Small Business requirements
- Develop and implement a plan for increasing diversity and small business spend for SpaceX
- Fulfill all minimum diversity and small business requirements for existing and new Government Contracts
- Identify and screen potential new Diversity and Small Business Suppliers for Purchasing
- Develop and communicate SpaceX Diversity and Small Business requirements to new and existing suppliers
- Educate SpaceX Buyers, Managers, Engineers on the importance of using Diversity and Small Business Suppliers
- Represent SpaceX at local and national Diversity Events
- Ensure that Diversity verbiage is added to all RFQs and Long Term Agreements
- Ensure that Diversity and Small Business Suppliers are provided an opportunity to compete and win SpaceX business
- Track Diversity and Small Business spending to proportionate costs and document progress towards goals
- Work with IT on a method for storing Diversity and Small Business documentation (certifications, spend)
- Support the Bid team on future contracts from a Diversity and Small Business perspective
-Provide Diversity and Small Business $ and %
-Review and edit Proposal
- Support Purchasing team by creating metrics representing total spend across supply base
- Support the creation of internal metrics within the Purchasing team measuring supplier on time performance, PO creation efficiency, Supplier Performance and Supply Base Management
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, International Relations, or related discipline required.
- Exceptional analytical and organizational skills.
- Remarkable problem solving skills.
- Strong technical knowledge and skills in current technologies and applications, especially MS Office Suite.
- Effective written, verbal and presentation communication skills.
- Ability to learn quickly and prioritize appropriately to meet customer and company needs.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Must be detail-oriented, self-motivated and able to respond quickly to a fast-moving and ever-changing environment.
- Conducts all activities with the highest of integrity.
Additional position information
- Prior experience with Diversity Initiatives for a company or in support of a government contract
- Purchasing experience
SpaceX offers one of the best environments in the world for employees to learn, build real working systems and tackle exciting challenges every day. We operate in a fun, casual work environment and have great benefits including: competitive salary, stock options, medical/dental insurance and free gym memberships. By joining the SpaceX team, you are not just a part of history, you are making it.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resource Department at (310) 363-6000.
<< Back to Current Openings
||Hawthorne, CA |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED