Purchasing Director Demand Media
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Finance | Santa Monica, CA, United States
Demand Media (NYSE:DMD) informs, entertains and connects millions of people every day. Through a portfolio of vertical web properties reaching more than 100 million monthly visitors, a global network of digital partners, and a breakthrough content studio, Demand Media publishes what the world wants to know and share. Join the company that is shaping the future of media â€" how it's created, consumed and shared! We work in a fun, collaborative environment that is as diverse, adventurous and open-minded as the content we create for the world. We encourage all of our employees to learn and grow personally and professionally so they can assume greater responsibilities and advance their careers.
We're looking for ambitious, driven, self-starters who want to be on the leading edge of innovation in online media and technology. This position is located in Santa Monica, CA.
Manage the entire procurement processes within authorized limits for all assigned commodities, including IT hardware and software and services arrangements (solicit bids, quotation analysis, contract negotiation/flows and purchase order processing)
- Perform the vital task of materials management, insuring that purchased materials are moved smoothly though the company's supply chain
- Develop and manage key supplier relationships
- Generate and implement cost reduction opportunities
- Communicate and resolve lead time, delivery, quality and pricing issues
- Research new materials, processes and suppliers and make recommendations
- Work closely with the (i) Operations team to meet annual cost savings objectives. (ii) Accounts Payable team to ensure operational effectiveness is met throughout the entire purchasing cycle, and (iii) Financial Systems team to ensure systematic objectives are met to streamline the purchasing cycle
- Assist the Finance team with Sarbanes-Oxley objectives
- Conduct supplier visits/evaluations to determine suitability and to make recommendations for improvement
- Accurate and timely maintenance of item master, monthly open orders report.
About Us: Founded in 2006, Demand Media is headquartered in Santa Monica, CA with offices in Kirkland, WA, Austin, TX, New York, NY and London, UK. For more information visit: www.demandmedia.com
- Minimum of 5-10 years experience in purchasing, including the bid process, compliance with procurement requirements and vendor negotiations
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration (or related field), or equivalent work experience
- Superior written and oral communications skills, including ability to develop and deliver effective presentations to Senior Management.
- Experience in a start-up environment a+, including working in the Internet or Media industry in a company with +500 employees
- Experience in Sarbanes-Oxley
- Excellent quantitative skills and technical aptitude: fluency in MS Excel, PowerPoint, and SharePoint fluency (a major plus).
- Available for business travel (may be necessary to attend supplier site visits, meetings, seminars, trade shows, etc.)
<< Back to Current Openings
||Santa Monica, CA |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED