Palo Alto, California-based, Tesla Motors uses proprietary technology, world-class design, and state-of-the-art manufacturing processes to create a new generation of highway capable electric vehicles. We utilize an innovative distribution model based on Company-owned sales and service centers. This approach allows us to maintain the highest levels of customer experience and benefit from short customer feedback loops to ensure our customer needs are fulfilled. We believe our operational infrastructure provides us with a competitive advantage compared to traditional automobile manufacturers.
We are looking for a highly skilled and motivated Strategic Sourcing Specialist to support our development teams and contract manufacturing partners in the sourcing of electronic components. This role will report to our PCBA Sourcing Manager and in parallel be an active sourcing resource supporting our Infotainment and Power train electronics sourcing activity.
She/he will be a member of our Supply Chain Organization supporting the development, implementation and management of strategies to provide Tesla with optimal supply assurance, pricing, flexibility, quality and delivery performance.
The Strategic Sourcing Specialist builds and leverages strong working relationships with our engineering teams and key suppliers to assure cost, quality, and delivery targets are met. They work toward good supplier relationships and total costs of ownership to achieve maximum advantage for Tesla and our customers.
Tesla is a fast moving, dynamic environment where flexibility and adaptability are key attributes needed for success. The successful candidate will be a self-starter; motivated with expert overall Sourcing Expertise and the ideal candidate will have experience and knowledge with Semiconductor Manufacturing and Semiconductor Companies.
- Responsible for the commercial and contractual relationship with the semiconductor and electronics companies.
- Owner of RFI's, RFP's and RFQ's - ensuring all commercial terms are agreed and documented.
- Ensures NDA, SOW's and Master Purchase Agreement are positioned appropriately before business is initiated.
- Drive price negotiations processes to ensure that Tesla's component pricing are best in class.
- Drive continual cost reduction and avoidance initiatives through ad hoc price negotiations.
- Drive supply base consolidation where possible.
- Address all areas of category management in electronics including category business plans, global market and pricing analysis and procurement support.
- Monitor current category market conditions, technology roadmaps and identify supply/demand challenges & opportunities.
- Analyze current spend and evaluate current suppliers. Consolidate spend across supply base to create leverage, analyze purchasing trends and develop sourcing alternatives. Identify new high potential suppliers on global basis.
- Manage respective supplier relationships and performance, including but not limited to dispute resolution.
- Develop key performance measures for chosen suppliers and negotiate on multiple variables to award longer-term strategic contracts that result in significant cost reduction and improved service levels.
- Monitor current category market conditions, technology roadmaps and identify supply/demand challenges and opportunities.
- Develop spend strategies, identify potential suppliers, analyze supplier capabilities, select suppliers and determine prices, terms, and conditions of agreements.
- Lead the vendor selection process with engineering teams.
- Work collaboratively with other Sourcing Specialists, Sourcing Managers, Category Managers, and Buyers.
- Identify supplier consolidation opportunities that will generate savings from executing strategic sourcing projects.
- Evaluate supplier business proposals and present recommendations that will result in cost savings, avoidance or containment.
- Develop sourcing and negotiation strategies that deliver against business objectives and achieves sustainable relationships with suppliers.
- Create competitive environments with suppliers to support a negotiation strategy.
- Evaluate and provide guidance on final selection of suppliers; Perform value analysis for final selection of suppliers.
- Evaluate supplier core competencies and competitive positioning using industry cost models.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience required; 5 to 10 years experience and demonstrated proficiency in meeting cost savings, avoidance, and containment goals; source-to-payment process experience; strategic sourcing experience.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and work in an extremely fast-paced environment.
- Proficient with Microsoft Windows and Office applications.
Tesla Motors is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, color, age, sex, ancestry, marital status, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, present or past history of mental disability, genetic information or any other classification protected by state or federal law.