Python Developer Insight Squared
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED We are building a powerful and elegant business analytics SaaS app. InsightSquared helps small businesses make smarter decisions and take down their larger competitors. We pull sales, marketing, financial, customer service & other data from SaaS app APIs like Salesforce, QuickBooks, and Google Analytics and present over 400 beautiful visualizations and analytics. We won the Stevie Award this year for Business Intelligence (http://t.co/Tj7XtepwpE).
We assemble in small product teams that work fast, have fun, and ship often. Your team of engineering, product, and creative peers will drive the operational and strategic decisions needed to move forward. We build on a modern platform (Python/Django). We ship code to production not just daily, but a dozen+ times per day. We test quickly, learn fast, iterate fast, and focus on code that matters.
Please check out our dev blog to get a feeling for our culture (http://bit.ly/Pbw8ZT) and process (http://bit.ly/15PtALY). Don't trust us when we say we have the best culture in town. InsightSquared was separately named by the Boston Globe (http://b.globe.com/1bQVXua) and Boston Business Journal (http://bit.ly/YsWIrv) as a top 25 small company Best Places to Work in Mass. Drop by Friday after work for a craft brew and try to whip our CTO in ping pong.
If you were here this week, you would have. . .
- Pushed a few of our 75 continuous deployments (yes, you'll be deploying your first morning on the job)
- Developed a multi-threaded Go service to make our nastiest queries sub-second
- Contributed one of the 5 techniques chosen in an all engineering shoot-out that resulted in a 10X SQL data loading speedup
- Cranked out a new screen for testing with customers that uses a new data visualization approach
- Built a dynamic settings screen using CoffeeScript and JQuery
- Evaluate Redis to replace memcached and serve as the backend for a Celery task queue
- Hacked the Django model to allow client compartmentalization to allow multiple login access to the data
- Used the Google Analytics API to add a customer engagement marketing report
- You are a fearless engineer with great talent that is only eclipsed by your scrappiness
- You have a strong, insatiable desire to learn and hone your craft
- You have been coding professionally or are completing your CS degree
- You have experience with or an interest in learning Python/Django
- You have a great positive attitude and enjoy working with a team of like-minded folks
- You would like to work in Cambridge (this is not a remote job)
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
InsightSquared is a fast growing startup that's reinventing the way businesses are run and at the same time terrorizing the traditional BI establishment. We're:
- Established, with a SaaS product that has hundreds of customers and is bringing in real revenue.
- Funded by a team of great investors who believe in our vision.
- Based in Cambridge, MA.
- Looking for your help.
Shipping Product Investors: CommonAngels All Jobs: at Insight Squared
|Headquarters:||160 Sidney St|
Cambridge, MA 02139
|Industry:||Business Products and Services|
|Company Profile:||InsightSquared is a well-funded Cambridge startup. We're building a simple yet powerful app that helps small businesses make smarter decisions with data from dozens and ultimately hundreds of sources. We help them grow their business and take down their bigger, slower competition.
Support Insight Squared with Social Media services