QA Developer (Big Data) Brightcove
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
QA Developer (Big Data)
Engineering | Seattle, WA, United States
Req ID: 824
Brightcove is paving the road for professional video publishing and distribution on the web, and we're looking for talented engineers to help us gather tens of thousands of events per second worth of raw data and turn them into information. We are a well-funded public company with great benefits who values highly talented people.
Would you like to join the company that serves most of the world's professional media over a wide range of endpoints, including web, mobile and smart TV devices? Are you passionate about Big Data and data mining? Do you like the small start-up independence, but without the financial risk and chaos that comes with a startup? Do you consider yourself a strong and creative developer with an interest in software quality?
Who are we?
- We're a small, focused team with an agile mentality
- We value continuous deployment and the automation of everything
- We're committed to quality
- We're talented, curious, and driven to build something incredible (and we really like data)
Who are you?
- You are inquisitive, think outside the box, and communicate well
- You think of solutions while you identify/document issues
- You find yourself trying to think about how to break software, so that your customers won't
- You want to be part of a great team of smart people
- You have experience working on teams that have embraced the Agile philosophy
- You're good at working under your own direction while working closely and actively communicating with your teammates
- You are able to maintain and contribute to a world-class test infrastructure
- You have experience or interest in Big Data and testing for scale and performance
- You have 3 or more years of Software Development or Test Automation/Framework experience
- You have experience in Java or another OOP language (such as C#, ruby, or perl); it would be perfect if you also had ruby/grails experience
- You like to get your hands dirty
- It would be nice if you had a bachelor's degree in science or engineering, especially Computer Science, but equivalent experience is great
Why should you join the Brightcove Analytics team?
- Ownership and the opportunity to make a big impact
- You have the drive to help a small team radically redefine what quality means through the entire SDLC
- You're looking for a challenge, and you want to contribute to a great product
- Face it: analytics is basically the coolest problem you'll ever get to work on!
<< Back to Current Openings
||Seattle, WA |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Brightcove is an Internet TV platform.Investors: Accel Partners All Jobs: at Brightcove
|Headquarters:||One Cambridge Center|
Cambridge, MA 02142
|Company Profile:||Brightcove is an Internet TV platform.
We're dedicated to harnessing the inherent power of the Internet to transform the distribution and consumption of media.
Brightcove empowers content ownersfrom independent producers to major broadcast networksto reach their audiences directly through the Internet. At the same time, we help web publishers enrich their sites with syndicated video programming, and we give marketers more ways to communicate and engage with their consumers.
Most importantly, we give people the freedom to easily find, watch and participate in a broad range of video contentwhen and where they choose.|
Support Brightcove with Social Media services