QA Engineer Brightcove
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Consulting | Boston, MA, United States
Req ID: 837
In the time it takes you to read this sentence, the Brightcove video player has been loaded over 9,000 times worldwide. That's over 1 Billion video player requests per week!
Brightcove is looking for a talented QA Engineer to join our Consulting team. The global Consulting team draws from deep digital media expertise to address our client's complex issues that go beyond Brightcove's standard set of products and that span business, technology and end-user experience considerations.
The group provides services in two areas:
ABOUT THE ROLE
- Advisory, which entails envisioning and defining digital media strategies and roadmaps and
- Technology Services, which includes designing and building custom and innovative experiences around Brightcove products and leading large, complex development programs. We love to learn and to push the boundaries of what is currently possible. To sum it up, we're looking for the best and brightest to help our clients with leading-edge thinking, to influence innovation in Brightcove's products, and to build some really cool stuff.
In this role you will support Quality Assurance (QA) activities across a broad range of technologies and projects. To be successful you will need to:
- Possess QA and development process knowledge
- Posses Agile development and testing knowledge
- Work with QA lead to implement agile testing methodologies
- Support the definition of project/program test conditions
- Work with BA, UX, Technology and QA to develop Test plans, Strategy and Conditions requirements
- Define project/program test conditions
- Work with BA, UX, technology and QA teams to create project test cases
- Review test conditions and cases with BA, UX, technology and QA teams
- Create and Execute project/program test cases
- Perform manual functional testing
- Create and maintain automated tests with various QA tools used and TBD
- Help define and implement automated test software (ruby, UFT etc.,)
- Report bugs and monitors bug fixes
- Verify bug fixes as assigned
- Monitor and respond to client-reported issues
- Help develop and implement the End to End QA process
- Ability to handle multiple project simultaneously across varied technologies and platforms
- Ability to Build Test InfrastructureAbility to Plan Test Efforts
- Ability to Execute Manual Tests
- Ability to Execute Automated Tests
- Ability to assist Development to Remediate Defects
- Ability to Communicate
- Ability to Collaborate
- Ability to communicate with a diverse set of internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to innovate to help the Consulting team achieve its goals
- We use some pretty cool stuff in a lot of different ways because the technology and customer needs are constantly changing.
- We encourage constant learning because every client is different and unique.
- We are active in the developer community and host lots of local meet-ups to make sure that we are plugged into what is going on around us.
- It's going to be a fun ride and would love to have you come join us!
This position is based at Brightcove's new headquarters building, one block from South Station, overlooking the Fort Point Channel in Boston's Innovation District.
Brightcove is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and participates in E-Verify.
<< Back to Current Openings
||Boston, MA |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Brightcove is an Internet TV platform.Investors: Accel Partners All Jobs: at Brightcove
|Headquarters:||One Cambridge Center|
Cambridge, MA 02142
|Company Profile:||Brightcove is an Internet TV platform.
We're dedicated to harnessing the inherent power of the Internet to transform the distribution and consumption of media.
Brightcove empowers content ownersfrom independent producers to major broadcast networksto reach their audiences directly through the Internet. At the same time, we help web publishers enrich their sites with syndicated video programming, and we give marketers more ways to communicate and engage with their consumers.
Most importantly, we give people the freedom to easily find, watch and participate in a broad range of video contentwhen and where they choose.|
Support Brightcove with Social Media services