QA Engineer- Client Development (contract) MobiTV
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
The QA Engineer is responsible for the validation and verification of Native MobiTV application(s) on supported CDMA and GSM devices.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following (Other duties may be assigned). In this position, either directly or through others, the incumbent will:
Background/Experience to qualify for this position, the following minimal background and skill levels are required:
- Review Product requirement Documents (PRDs), transform these into test plans and implement these into test cases for testing of MobiTV applications for various North American and international carriers.
- Participate in full QA lifecycle for handsets during testing, and product support phases.
- Validate and test streaming and downloadable multimedia content (Video and Audio) on handsets supporting the native MobiTV applications.
- Create new and unique scenarios for expanding the test case matrix utilized by the QA teams.
- Involve in review of all test plans and test cases done within the client test group.
- Participate in continuous improvement of QA lifecycle to shorten the test lifecycle of MobiTV Applications on mobile handsets.
- Position requires a Masters or Bachelors Degree in Computer Engineering or Electrical Engineering.
- At least 3 years experience in software testing.
- Must have prior working experience with mobile applications.
Necessary Skills/Attributes for this position the following skills and abilities must be demonstrated at a proficient level:
Additional Skills/Attributes for this position the following skills and abilities will be a plus:
- Should have a strong knowledge of CDMA or GSM standards and protocols, wireless telephony services and applications.
- Hands on experience working with audio formats, video formats, AV trans coding technology, hardware configuration.
- Familiar with using Linux/Unix environments, reading log files and creating simple scripts.
- Familiarity with or prior experience working with BREW, J2ME/JAVA platforms.
- Experience creating test plans and test specifications based on requirement and design documents.
- Plan, organize, and prioritize multiple engineering development assignments and projects.
- Excellent documentation skills and attention to detail.
- Highly self-motivated team player with problem solving capability.
- Hands on experience in developing, integrating and troubleshooting mobile handset applications will be a big plus.
- Exposure to development and QA processes of major wireless carrier or handset manufacturers.
- Familiar with Streaming Protocols (RTP, RTSP, RTCP), Streaming Servers (Darwin, Windows Media Server, Real).
- Be willing and available to travel based on business needs (less than 15%)
||Emeryville, CA |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED