QA Engineer Guidewire Software
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
QA Engineer â€" Mobile and Portals, Dublin
The Mobile and Portals team is a new group that focuses on the development, implementation, and support of mobile apps and web portals that are integrated with the Guidewire InsuranceSuite. The team is responsible for the full software development life cycle of these new products â€" from requirements gathering to product design to customer implementation to continued product enhancements.
At Guidewire, we use Agile programming techniques, such as test-driven development, continuous integration and testing, and story-based iterative development to build better software in a better way. QA Engineers work in partnership with developers from the inception of the development process to make sure solutions are high quality at all times rather than tested at the end of the development process.
As a key member of this team, you will:
We have a work environment that encourages individual initiative, experiments with new ideas for continuous improvement, and lets great people do great work by minimizing the hassles of hierarchy and bureaucracy. You must be a self-starter and able to perform with minimal supervision while working in a team environment, communicating effectively with developers and product managers.
- Participate in requirements gathering for the new mobile and portals products
- Analyze features during the design and development process to point out weaknesses or ambiguities
- Create/Review stories and test documents and matrices
- Design and execute both manual and automated tests to verify the functionality of the system
- Design and execute performance tests to verify scalability of the system
- Identify, report and track issues to resolution
- Help developers reproduce errors, and ensure that defects are fixed
- Devise and implement viable test automation approaches for both functional and performance tests
- Develop regression automated test suites
- Participate in documentation of project deliverables: High level debriefings/brainstorming sessions; Notes review/comparison; review and editing of documentation
This is an excellent opportunity to join a growing company that is experiencing explosive growth. We are an NYSE listed software company with over 200 successful implementations and 100+ Property/Casualty (general) insurance customers. We are very selective when asking new people to join our group. We can promise a friendly collegial environment that will challenge all of your acquired skills and abilities.
- 3+ years of software QA experience or equivalent experience ISTQB certification is preferred or other formal foundation in software testing methodologies
- Strong technical skills, such as an ability to understand basic SQL syntax for checking results in a database or editing XML configuration files
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Understanding of software development methodologies (Agile)
- Flexible, enthusiastic approach to work including a strong desire to learn new products and a new business domain
- Experience writing automated tests (not just record/playback) and working with test automation frameworks
- Experience writing performance tests and working with performance test frameworks
- Familiarity with Spring Web MVC, HTML, CSS, and other similar web technologies
Established in 2011, Guidewire's Irish centre helps meet a growing global customer demand for expertise in implementing Guidewire's products. The Dublin-based Mobile and Portals team, part of the Guidewire Services Centre, was established to explore and develop products targeted at an insurance carrier's external constituencies and mobile employees. We use the same rigorous, quality-focused methodology that Guidewire's customers have come to expect from the rest of the core system suite.
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
As the number one provider of enterprise software applications to the property and casualty insurance industry, we beat our competitors (Accenture, SAP, and others) 9 times out of 10. Guidewire is an award-winning company both within the insurance industry and in the software technology space. Given our success and increasing demand for our products domestically and internationally, we continue to experience double-digit revenue growth. Guidewire has offices throughout the world, including in London, Munich, Paris, Sydney, Tokyo, Toronto, Hong Kong, and the United States.
Profitable Investors: Battery Ventures
, Bay Partners
, U.S. Venture Partners All Jobs: at Guidewire Software
|Headquarters:||2211 Bridgepointe Parkway, Ste 200|
San Mateo, CA 94404
|Company Profile:||Guidewire Software is a profitable, privately held, and VC-backed enterprise software product development company that exclusively serves the 1.5 trillion dollar property and casualty insurance industry. Our products enable companies such as GEICO, Liberty Mutual, and Amica to efficiently run their high volume core operations, including underwriting, policy administration, claims, and billing.
Our success can be directly attributed to the bright and extremely talented employees who make it all happen. If you are looking for an opportunity where your talents will not only be recognized and leveraged but also challenged, at a company that is grabbing significant market share in a 1.5 trillion dollar industry, then Guidewire is the place for you. We have an extremely low-turnover organization and 100 percent customer referenceability.
Support Guidewire Software with Social Media services