QA Engineer - eHow Demand Media
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
QA Engineer - eHow
Engineering | Santa Monica, CA, United States
Demand Media (NYSE:DMD) informs, entertains and connects millions of people every day. Through a portfolio of vertical web properties reaching more than 100 million monthly visitors, a global network of digital partners, and a breakthrough content studio, Demand Media publishes what the world wants to know and share. Join the company that is shaping the future of media â€" how it's created, consumed and shared!
We work in a fun, collaborative environment that is as diverse, adventurous and open-minded as the content we create for the world. We encourage all of our employees to learn and grow personally and professionally so they can assume greater responsibilities and advance their careers.
We're looking for ambitious, driven, self-starters who want to be on the leading edge of innovation in online media and technology. This position is located in Santa Monica, CA.
Overview: The eHow stack is built using PHP, Python, MongoDB and the latest HTML5 technologies. It is hosted in multiple datacenters and tightly integrated with CDN's to ensure 99.99% uptime. eHow.com serves millions of page views per day and our servers process thousands of requests per second. Our team of 25+ developers ship code when ready, as frequently as 20 times per week, using agile development methodologies. Code is always changing and while we rely heavily on engineers to test their own code we utilize a combination of black box testing and heavy automation to minimize negative impact to the business.
We are looking for a QA engineer with strong black box testing skills and a willingness to utilize our automated test framework and custom test tools.
- Testing - Quickly test and deploy code in an agile/fluid release process with as many as 5 pushes per day
- Release - Participate in various roles in the daily push process through organization, scheduling, and communication
- Product/Business - Collaborate with product and business managers on scope, requirements, user experience and scheduling
- Engineering - Interface with engineering teams to understand code changes, assess risk and ensure best practices
- Code - Get hands on with our website and automation code to debug and troubleshoot errors encountered during testing
- 2+ years of experience testing consumer websites
- Pro-active problem solver, seeking out risk/conflicts/scheduling issues before they cause launch delays
- A strong sense of leadership, ownership, urgency, and drive
- Demonstrated experience executing and contributing towards test automation frameworks for web applications
- Experience with testing across multiple browsers and platforms
- Experience working with NOSQL and SQL databases
- Excellent written communication and verbal agility are necessary for cross-team collaboration
- Strong knowledge of web technologies, including: HTTP protocol, CSS, JS, HTML, XML, JSON
- Experience with native Mobile and Mobile Web application testing
- Experience with web testing tools such as Firebug and Fiddler
About Us: Founded in 2006, Demand Media is headquartered in Santa Monica, CA with offices in Kirkland, WA, Austin, TX, New York, NY and London, UK. For more information visit: www.demandmedia.com
- Experience with Python, PHP, JAVA or .Net development using Selenium and similar automated test frameworks
- Ability to read and write code to troubleshoot, reverse engineer, and confirm bugs/fixes
- Ability to quickly create automated tests programmatically or using a macro recorder
- Strong operational and release management experience
- Testing systems with multi-layer caching
- Comfortable and productive in a UNIX, Mac, and Windows environment
- Experience working with offshore teams
<< Back to Current Openings
||Santa Monica, CA |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED