QA Engineer Guidewire Software
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
The Demonstration Solutions team is responsible for delivering creative, solution-focused demonstration implementations to the Sales organization for presentation to prospects. As the team continues to grow, we are looking for ways to improve the quality of our demonstration environments. We are looking to hire a QA Test Engineer to analyze and test (both manual and automated) the features of Guidewire's web-based enterprise scale applications as part of a collaborative, fast-paced Global team.
The position involves working directly with members of the Sales and demonstration solutions development team to test our complex solution demonstrations that include country specific localizations. In this role we look for critical thinkers - people who can rapidly consume domain knowledge and design and develop comprehensive, meaningful tests. We place a high value on exploratory testing - testers spend the bulk of their time in the application finding issues based on an educated awareness of both specific requirements and the Sales team's expectations.
The successful candidate will have 5+ years of software testing who will be able to provide thought leadership and guidance on manual and automated testing best practices and implement these standards across the team. The candidate will be responsible for designing test cases, developing automated testing scripts, and executing test cases. You will be the first QA engineer on the demonstration solutions team and therefore will have the opportunity to set the testing direction of the team.
You must be a self-starter and able to perform with minimal supervision while working in a diverse team environment following Agile processes for software development. You must have strong technical skills, such as an ability to understand basic SQL syntax for checking results in a database, editing XML configuration files, or developing new automated test scripts.
In addition we are looking for teammates who:
are highly technical with experience in following areas:
- have a proven track record of successful implementations of testing best practices
- develop automated tests in partnership with developers for continuous regression testing
- identify defects through systematic testing, help developers reproduce errors, and ensure that defects are fixed
- participate throughout the design and development process, analyzing features to point out weaknesses or inconsistencies
- do exploratory testing and acceptance of new features as part of a story-driven Agile development process
- quickly, easily, and enthusiastically learn how to use new technology
- are self-driven with a high level of creativity
- capable of handling a wide variety of tasks â€" test case design one minute, troubleshooting failed test cases the next, mentoring other team members on automated test development the nextâ€¦
- have strong oral and written communication skills
- experience writing automated tests (not just record/playback) or programming experience with Java or an equivalent object-oriented language is a must
- Software testing and test frameworks (JUnit, JMeter, HP QTP, Selenium)
- Databases (SQL, transactions, isolation levels, Oracle, SQL Server)
- Source control and build frameworks (Subversion, CVS, Perforce, Ant, CruiseControl)
Gosu experience is aplus.
||Foster City, CA |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
As the number one provider of enterprise software applications to the property and casualty insurance industry, we beat our competitors (Accenture, SAP, and others) 9 times out of 10. Guidewire is an award-winning company both within the insurance industry and in the software technology space. Given our success and increasing demand for our products domestically and internationally, we continue to experience double-digit revenue growth. Guidewire has offices throughout the world, including in London, Munich, Paris, Sydney, Tokyo, Toronto, Hong Kong, and the United States.
Profitable Investors: Battery Ventures
, Bay Partners
, U.S. Venture Partners All Jobs: at Guidewire Software
|Headquarters:||2211 Bridgepointe Parkway, Ste 200|
San Mateo, CA 94404
|Company Profile:||Guidewire Software is a profitable, privately held, and VC-backed enterprise software product development company that exclusively serves the 1.5 trillion dollar property and casualty insurance industry. Our products enable companies such as GEICO, Liberty Mutual, and Amica to efficiently run their high volume core operations, including underwriting, policy administration, claims, and billing.
Our success can be directly attributed to the bright and extremely talented employees who make it all happen. If you are looking for an opportunity where your talents will not only be recognized and leveraged but also challenged, at a company that is grabbing significant market share in a 1.5 trillion dollar industry, then Guidewire is the place for you. We have an extremely low-turnover organization and 100 percent customer referenceability.
Support Guidewire Software with Social Media services