QA Engineer NIKSUN
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED NIKSUN is a recognized worldwide leader in making the Unknown Known. The company develops and deploys a complete range of award-winning forensics, compliance, security surveillance and performance management solutions for applications ranging from core infrastructures to edge and branch environments.
The Quality Assurance engineer is responsible for all stages of the quality assurance process. The qualified candidate is responsible for assessing and evaluating quality assurance test requirements to determine the scope of the functionality to be covered by testing. This position designs, produces, executes, and maintains software test plans and test cases. The Tester will test applications while documenting, tracking, and reporting on defects. This position also analyzes test results, leverages troubleshooting skills to assist with defining root cause, and conducts re-testing after defects are addressed.
1. Maintain consistent records and documentation of all tests and certifications
2. Work in cross-function and aware of the status and progress of work activities and business issues that affect the department
3. Design test plans, scenarios, scripts, or procedures
4. Write and maintains test documentation
5. Experience with Quality Assurance testing and performance testing
6. Knowledge of categorizing and prioritizing analysis and mapping workload for planning and forecasting
7. Ability to identify critical issues and escalade it to the development team in a cross functional environment to track defects to closure
8. Perform initial debugging procedures by reviewing configuration files, logs, or code pieces to determine breakdown source.
9. Identify program deviance from standards, and suggest better ways to ensure compliance
10. Monitor program performance to ensure efficient and problem-free operations
11. Review Software documentation to ensure technical accuracy, compliance, or completeness, or to mitigate risks
12. Plan test schedules or strategies in accordance with project scope or delivery date
13. Provide technical support during software installation or configuration
14. Understand Agile Process and methodology
15. Identify, analyze, and document problems with program function, output, online screen, or content
Desired Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Background
1. Knowledge in Networking domain and understand various protocols
2. Knowledge of UNIX commands and ability to write test cases identify bugs
3. Strong initiative to build relationships both internally and externally.
4. Creative, self-motivated team player willing to participate in developing cutting-edge solutions
5. Ability to work in cross-functional team and manage multiple tasks/projects
6. Hands on experience with Linux based services including installation and upgrade processes and networking environment
7. Well versed in network related protocols - TCP/IP, UDP etc. familiar with tools for analysis of packets
8. Ability to be productive in a collaborative and fast-paced environment
9. Strong written and communications skills
10. Ability to troubleshoot lab issues when necessary
11. Familiar with Bugzilla, Sharepoint and EXCEL is a plus
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Background
1. BS in Computer Science, EE or related field
2. 3 plus years of experience preferably in network domain in design, testing, and implementation of IP router based high-speed technology
and in an ISP or equivalent environment
3. Excellent written and verbal communication skills
NIKSUN is a dynamic, professional, fast-paced company offering an attractive compensation and benefits package, including a comprehensive health and dental insurance plan, 401(k) plan, paid holidays, vacation and sick time, and a flexible work environment.
||Princeton, NJ |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED