QA Tester Internship / Co-Op (Fall 2013)
Tesla's goal is to accelerate the world's transition to electric mobility with a full range of increasingly affordable electric cars. California-based Tesla designs and manufactures EVs, as well as EV powertrain components for partners such as Toyota and Daimler. In Q1 of 2013 Tesla has delivered more than 10,000 electric vehicles to customers in 31 countries. Tesla's Model S is the world's first premium sedan designed and engineered from the ground up as an electric vehicle and was named Automobile Magazine's 2013 Automobile of the YearÂ® and Motor Trend's prestigious 2013 Car of the YearÂ®.
Tesla Motors offers compelling opportunities for students seeking internships and co-ops. You'll learn Tesla's progressive engineering philosophy, and have the opportunity work alongside the world's top engineers on the most exciting automotive programs in existence today. You will help to debug, troubleshoot, and validate the software platform that runs the interactive displays in Tesla vehicles â€" especially the 17â€ touchscreen system featured in the Model S. You will contribute test strategies and designs to emulate the vehicle subsystem behavior and validate in-car applications.
Specific project assignments and required technical aptitude will vary based on the needs of the individual hiring team.
- Experience with developing products on Embedded Linux; familiarity and proficiency with Linux and standard Linux tools such as bash, ssh, gdb, top, etc.
- Good to have experience with Bash scripting; ability to develop and debug C++ code.
- Experience testing system software and interfaces to peripherals; experience testing user-facing applications.
- Excellent judgment about the boundaries and symptoms of software vs. hardware problems.
- Familiarity and experience with flash memory file systems.
- Networking expertise and familiarity with: 3G connectivity, WiFi, Bluetooth, GPS.
- Experience with high performance graphics/OpenGL software.
- Crafting test designs and executing test plans for complex, non-deterministic system software.
- Develop test scripts to simulate vehicle behavior to provide functional coverage of in-car applications.
- Perform manual testing and craft automated script-based tests.
- Work closely with software and hardware engineers to identify and fix problems.
- Read through code, configuration files, and scripts as needed to help debug and reproduce bugs.
- Analyze and benchmark system and application performance.
- Use performance and debugging tools such as: gdb, top, perfHUD.
- Currently working towards a BS, MS, or graduate degree in a relevant engineering program (including, but not limited to: CS, CE, SE, ECE, and EECS).
- You must be self-managed and committed to working in a fast-paced environment.
- Hands-on experience is a must.
- Strong academics.
- Professional and positive communication skills.
- Previous internship and/or project experience is a plus.
- Ability to relocate to the Bay Area, California.
To apply, please submit your application online:
Tesla Motors is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, color, age, sex, ancestry, marital status, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, present or past history of mental disability, genetic information or any other classification protected by state or federal law.
|Headquarters:||1050 Bing Street|
San Carlos, CA 94070
|Industry:||Cleantech / Energy|