Qualitative Analyst with Mitra Capital Mitra Capital LLC
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED Profile:
Mitra Capital LLC (Mitra) is a Boston-based long-short equity hedge fund with a unique investment strategy involving applying proprietary behavioral analysis techniques to management's public statements to predict near-term company performance. We are seeking candidates who possess an interest in and aptitude for interpreting verbal communication and the ability to form, articulate, and defend well-reasoned conclusions. Employment experience of 0-3 years is preferred. Financial modeling or investment experience is not required.
Mitra Capital runs a concentrated market-neutral long-short equity portfolio. The investment team focuses on analyzing the remarks of company management teams made during the question-and-answer sessions of earnings calls and conferences. Mitra analysts use the firm's behavioral analysis framework to analyze transcripts of management's commentary in order to form reasoned judgments about what management knows but is not openly conveying about company prospects. The firm's proprietary methodology is rooted in the Central Intelligence Agency and relies on evaluating the presence and intent of verbal behaviors that are indicators that the speaker is conveying less than complete or reliable information on a topic. Analysts interpret these behaviors and the context in which they appear to draw conclusions about near-term company results, with the goal of identifying companies likely to report results that will be either very negative or very positive relative to market expectations.
The Analyst would join a small team focused on performing analysis to assist in the selection of a concentrated portfolio each earnings cycle based on the firm's unique behavioral-analysis-based investment approach. After extensive training, the Analyst would be responsible for preparing comprehensive research memoranda explaining the reasoning and logic behind his or her conclusions and predictions about company performance, as well as articulating and debating these analyses and conclusions with senior analysts and the portfolio manager for consideration in making the investment decisions of the firm.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Analyze transcripts and audio of earnings calls and conference presentations using firm's behavioral assessment methodology, to derive conclusions about management's expectations for near-term company performance
- Prepare behavioral research memos for consideration by other investment team members
- Present to and debate reasoning and conclusions with full investment team
- Interest in and aptitude for interpreting verbal communication, including ability to be skeptical of and see through persuasion or deception
- Very strong written and oral communication skills, including the ability to clearly articulate and defend logical and well-reasoned arguments and conclusions
- Superior attention to detail and thoroughness and commitment to high quality work
- Strong analytical and research skills and ability to think creatively and logically
- Demonstrated ability to learn and understand complex concepts rapidly
- Ability to thrive in an intense environment requiring high-stakes decision-making under uncertainty
- Comfortable in an environment of intense debate and very direct feedback
Qualifications & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree including coursework in economics, finance, psychology or other relevant subjects
- Strong academic achievement; GPA of 3.5+ from a top-tier college or university strongly preferred
- Experience in a high-performance professional environment is a plus
- Given the nature of the role, financial modeling experience is not required; rather, the applicant should have a demonstrated interest in understanding the nuances of communications and an intuition for seeing through verbal deception
Interested candidates should send a resume and cover letter. Resume/CV should include GPA (overall and major) as well as SAT scores (Total/Math/Verbal).
Given the unique nature of the firm and role, a cover letter is a requirement for consideration for the position.
Mitra Capital is an equal opportunity employer.
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Mitra Capital LLC is a Boston-based long-short equity hedge fund that uses a proprietary and proven framework with roots in the Central Intelligence Agency to analyze the public remarks of company management teams and take positions ahead of earnings events. Self Funded All Jobs: at Mitra Capital LLC
|Headquarters:||Boston, MA 02109|
|Company Profile:||Mitra Capital LLC is a Boston-based long-short equity hedge fund that uses a proprietary and proven framework with roots in the Central Intelligence Agency to analyze the public remarks of company management teams and take positions ahead of earnings events. |
Support Mitra Capital LLC with Social Media services