Quality Assurance Engineer Demand Media
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Quality Assurance Engineer
Content | Austin, TX, United States
Quality Assurance Engineer â€" Content Channels (Austin, Tx)
Demand Media (NYSE:DMD) informs, entertains and connects millions of people every day. Through a portfolio of vertical web properties reaching more than 100 million monthly visitors, a global network of digital partners, and a breakthrough content studio, Demand Media publishes what the world wants to know and share.
We work in a lighthearted, collaborative environment that is diverse, open-minded, â€œintrapreneurialâ€, and above all, agile. We encourage all of our employees to learn and grow personally and professionally so they can assume greater responsibilities and advance their careers. Plus, you'll get to work in the lovely SoCo neighborhood of Austin, at our offices in the former Austin Opera House, Willie Nelson's old music venue. (Yes, we still have the stage.) Lunch at Threadgill's, Doc's Motorworks, Home Slice, or any of a dozen funky food trailers could be a daily event for you.
In this position you'd be joining the Content Channel business unit on a small agile team with skilled front-end developers in Austin to build sites for our content partnerships. The Content Channels solution helps publishers, brands, and retailers identify, create and deliver content consumers can use in their every day lives. It delivers original content in a variety of formats â€" all produced using the same data-driven content creation process that has kept Demand Media's own network of sites on comScore's top 20 list for the last three years. Projects are with well-known brands like USA Today, Salon, Hidden Valley, and National Geographic.
We're looking for a detail oriented Quality Assurance Engineer with black box testing experience, who is also willing to contribute towards an automated testing framework. This opportunity provides this future â€œDemanderâ€ to grow into a more senior Quality Assurance Engineer or even into a development role in a rapidly growing business.
- Testing - Quickly test and deploy code in an agile/fluid release process with several push per day
- Release Management - Participate in various roles in the daily push process through organization, scheduling, and communication
- Product/Business - Collaborate with product and business managers on scope, requirements, user experience and scheduling
- Engineering - Interface with engineering teams to understand code changes, assess risk and ensure best practices
- Code - Get hands-on with our website and automation code to debug and troubleshoot errors encountered during testing
- 3+ years of experience testing front end websites (consumer or publisher preferred but not necessary)
- Pro-active problem solver, seeking out risk/conflicts/scheduling issues before they cause launch delays
- A strong sense of leadership, ownership, urgency, and drive around Quality Assurance
- Experience with testing across multiple browsers and platforms (LAMP environment)
- Experience in working with databases such as NoSQL or MongoDB (preferred databases but not required)
- Excellent written communication and verbal agility are necessary for cross-team collaboration
- Strong knowledge of web technologies, including: HTTP, CSS, JS, HTML, XML, JSON
- Experience with web testing tools such as Firebug and Fiddler (other web testing tools accepted)
- Familiarity or experience in executing and contributing towards test automation frameworks for web applications
Preferred but not required:
- Familiar with processes required in creating automated tests with Selenium
- Experience with native Mobile and Mobile Web application testing
- Ability to read and write code to troubleshoot, reverse engineer, and confirm bugs/fixes
- Ability to quickly create automated tests programmatically
About Us: Founded in 2006, Demand Media is headquartered in Santa Monica, CA with offices in Kirkland, WA, Austin, TX, New York, NY and London, UK. For more information visit: www.demandmedia.com
<< Back to Current Openings
||Austin, TX |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED