ENTRY-LEVELÂ QUALITY ASSURANCE ENGINEERÂ
Â Job Summary:
Bit9 is looking for recent college graduates with less than 3 years of experience for an entry level position as a Software Quality Assurance Engineer. Bit9âs QA Engineers work on innovative next generation security software. The ideal candidate is passionate about QA methodologies, test process and planning, and thrives in a fast-paced dynamic environment.Environment:
Our technology is multidisciplinary, requiring a solid grasp of applications, security, operating systems, databases and distributed systems.Â The company environment is fast-moving and intense, but buffered by a fun, friendly and informal atmosphere typical of a young innovative technology firm.Â We have no bureaucracy; all doors are open.Â The work environment is highly collaborative: all of our teams work closely together to achieve the company's goals.Â Team members enjoy the satisfaction of having direct, immediate impact on Bit9âs success and growth. Essential duties & responsibilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other duties may be assigned to meet business needs. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential responsibilities include:
- Execution of both functional and performance test cases
- Perform hands-on testing of complex features
- Author concise defects
- Set up and maintain test environments
- Reproduce and document customer reported defects
- Active participation in test plan reviews.
- Strong analytical, troubleshooting, and organizational skills
- Demonstrated understanding of the scientific method.
- Proven experience in identifying, analyzing and resolving complex technical issues.
- Good written and excellent verbal communication.
- Understanding of software testing methodologies
- Understanding of the software development life cycle process
- Ability to work independently and as part of a group.
Bit9 is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Only direct applications will be considered; no recruiters please.
- Zero to three years of experience in a software engineering environment
- Applied and current experience with Microsoft Windows, Linux, and Mac.