Quality Assurance Inspector - Propulsion (2nd Shift) SpaceX
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Quality Assurance Inspector - Propulsion (2nd Shift)
Quality Assurance | Hawthorne, CA, United States
SpaceX is a US based advanced technology company founded by residing CEO and CTO, Elon Musk. SpaceX builds rockets and spacecraft from the ground up; including electronics, software, vehicle structures, and engines. Our development and production efforts represent some of the most dynamic and challenging technology and engineering systems in the world.
We pride ourselves on being a meritocracy where employees are defined by their capabilities and contributions, instead of title or tenure. We are actively seeking the best and brightest minds from all industries and technologies to continue to build our world class team.
Our employees thrive in a fast-paced environment focused on innovation and high levels of personal responsibility. At SpaceX we cut through the noise and believe in the essentials of hardcore engineering. We build it, test it, and fly it.
- Provide detailed in-process inspections on launch vehicle propulsion systems, using detailed drawings, CAD models, and established processes to verify conformance to design requirements.
- Communicate and help resolve quality related issues as they relate to the propulsion department.
- Document production non-conformances in accordance with prescribed procedures and processes as required.
- Support Quality Management System policies and procedure documentation, assess compliance to company and industry standards, initiate and lead continual improvement and Lean Manufacturing initiatives.
- B.S or Assoc. degree in a technical or engineering field is preferred.
- 3-5 years practical experience in a launch vehicle propulsion assembly environment.
- Experience working with Material Review Board and Root Cause/Corrective Action systems.
- Must be able to read and interpret design drawings and CAD models.
- Strong Knowledge and experience working with design data systems, manufacturing enterprise resource systems, electronic databases, and paperless work instructions.
- Strong team building and communication skills. Must be able to effectively communicate with engineering and production groups.
- Must be self-motivated, proactive, and capable of managing priorities and tasks as delegated.
Additional Position Information -
- Strong understanding of safety programs and OSHA regulations and requirements.
- Practical experience working within Quality Management Systems (AS9100 and ISO 9001).
There is a position open for 1st and 2nd shift.
SpaceX offers one of the best environments in the world for employees to learn, build real working systems and tackle exciting challenges every day. We operate in a fun, casual work environment and have great benefits including: competitive salary, stock options, medical/dental insurance and free gym memberships. By joining the SpaceX team, you are not just a part of history, you are making it.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resource Department at (310) 363-6000.
<< Back to Current Openings
||Hawthorne, CA |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED