Quality Assurance Manager SpaceX
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Quality Assurance Manager
Quality Assurance | Hawthorne, CA, United States
SpaceX is a US based advanced technology company founded by residing CEO and CTO, Elon Musk. SpaceX builds rockets and spacecraft from the ground up; including electronics, software, vehicle structures, and engines. Our development and production efforts represent some of the most dynamic and challenging technology and engineering systems in the world.
We pride ourselves on being a meritocracy where employees are defined by their capabilities and contributions, instead of title or tenure. We are actively seeking the best and brightest minds from all industries and technologies to continue to build our world class team.
Our employees thrive in a fast-paced environment focused on innovation and high levels of personal responsibility. At SpaceX we cut through the noise and believe in the essentials of hardcore engineering. We build it, test it, and fly it.
Manage and provide daily support to the Quality Assurance team:
Guarantee the quality of the products produced, through:
- Manage a QA team who inspects, verifies, and proactively supports their production department.
- Provide scheduling details, any needed instructional guidance of job assignments, correct procedures and applicable techniques to perform specific tasks; ensure accuracy and completion of job assignments.
- Assess employee performance; provide positive and constructive feedback; provide conflict resolution; complete annual performance review process; address performance issues with corrective actions in performance improvement plans or through disciplinary actions.
- Ensure company business and organizational goals, mission and values are communicated to the team and are integrated within goals, objectives, and work tasks.
- Develop the QA team so that they become product and process experts in their area and can serve as a source of expertise for production technicians.
Apply lean methods to processes and procedures to eliminate waste while defining, measuring, and improving process efficiency.
- Implementing Quality and Inspection plans as defined by Quality Engineering and continually collaborating to improve the plans and make them more robust.
- Participating in the Material Review Board and lead the implementation of MRB actions.
- Ensuring corrective and preventive actions that result from MRB, Issues, or audits are implemented in a timely manner.
- Determining the root cause of systemic issues and provide action plans to prevent recurrence.
- Participate in the development of Quality metrics and serve as the focal point for driving the department to achieve these metrics.
Apply SPC and lean-sigma tools to improve process control and identify opportunities for improvement.
Education & Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor of Science degree from an accredited four-year institution in an engineering or technical field is required.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in Quality Assurance, Quality Engineering, or Manufacturing Engineering including experience in leading cross-functional teams and resolving quality issues
- At least 1 year of experience serving in a position with direct responsibility for the work of others.
- ASQ certifications (or equivalent) in Quality Engineering or Quality Management preferred.
- Lean-sigma or six sigma certification preferred.
Software/Computer Skills and Required Skill Level:
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and cross-functional environment
- Demonstrated experience where quick-thinking and problem solving plays a critical role
- A demonstrated ability in reading/understanding blueprints and technical manuals and reports
- Excellent communication and team building skills
- Microsoft Office Suite applications, Intermediate
- General physical fitness is required for some work areas, flight hardware typically is built in tight quarters and physical dexterity is required
- Work performed in an environment requiring exposure to fumes, odors, and noise
Additional position information
SpaceX offers one of the best environments in the world for employees to learn, build real working systems and tackle exciting challenges every day. We operate in a fun, casual work environment and have great benefits including: competitive salary, stock options, medical/dental insurance and free gym memberships. By joining the SpaceX team, you are not just a part of history, you are making it.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State
Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resource Department at (310) 363-6000.
<< Back to Current Openings
||Hawthorne, CA |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED