About Tesla Motors:
Tesla Motors designs and sells high-performance, highly efficient electric vehicles. Our cars combine style, acceleration, and handling with advanced technologies that make them among the quickest and the most energy efficient cars on the road.
Job Title and Description:
Supervisor / AM â€" Manufacturing Quality (Fremont, CA)
The Supervisor/AM â€" Manufacturing is a member of the Manufacturing Quality Team.
He/she will lead the implementation and application of Tesla's Quality System for the production of the Tesla Model S. The ideal candidate has a proven record of success in the implementation and application of quality systems in an automotive manufacturing environment. He/she must have a broad background with the ability to work with product engineering, manufacturing engineering, production team members and suppliers across a wide variety of issues/ corrective actions identified in production and field performance. Strong interpersonal and communication skills are an absolute requirement to establish effective working relationships within Tesla and outside.
The successful candidate for this position takes pride in his/her hands-on and analytical abilities, organization skills and attention to detail. He/she appreciates an environment where superior work is encouraged, noticed and rewarded.
Essential Functions and Duties:
- Support the development and lead the implementation of quality standards and product quality plans as part of the Tesla Quality System to assure products will meet expectations of our target customers.
- Ensure quality standards are being met throughout the entire production process
- Develop & maintain Standardized Work Instructions used throughout the manufacturing quality organization by the QC team members.
- Support the development of Process Failure Modes Effects Analysis (PFMEA) to identify critical risks in the production processes
- Support the definition of critical features for the product design (incl. GD&T and fixture design)
- Support the development of control plans to assure critical features are controlled through the assembly/production process.
- Develop training programs and hire plans for QC team members.
- Manage QC team members and develop the team structures used in the Tesla Factory.
- Lead issue resolution in conjunction with the Quality Engineering groups for all shops in the Tesla Factory incl. root cause investigation & corrective action tracking.
- Lead / facilitate review and disposition of discrepant materials identified.
- Work closely with Operations, Manufacturing Engineering, Product Engineering, and Supply Chain teams
Skills and Experience:
- Preferred - BS or higher degree
- 5+ years experience working in a automotive manufacturing environment
- Experience managing teams of people in a production environment
- Experience or knowledge of world class production and quality systems
- Thorough knowledge of and experience with a variety of manufacturing processes
- Experience in new vehicle development and launch activities
- Experience with broad variety of measurement and inspection techniques incl. Coordinate Measurement Machines
- Ability to work with and develop quality performance metrics (i.e. FTQ, scrap rate)
- Strong analytic problem solving skills
- Able to work well under pressure while managing competing demands and tight deadlines
- Remain engaged, proactive and positive in tough circumstances, owning assignments and taking full accountability for their success
- Experience in hiring and developing new team members in a production environment.
- Work efficiently and productively in independent and team settings
- Communicate clearly using excellent written and verbal skills
- Strong organization skills with meticulous attention to detail
- Fluent with common MS office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project)
|Headquarters:||1050 Bing Street|
San Carlos, CA 94070
|Industry:||Cleantech / Energy|