About Tesla Motors:
Tesla's goal is to accelerate the world's transition to electric mobility with a full range of increasingly affordable electric cars. California-based Tesla designs and manufactures EVs, as well as EV powertrain components for partners such as Toyota and Daimler. Tesla has delivered more than 2,400 Roadsters to customers worldwide and received more than 13,000 reservations for Model S. Model S, the world's first premium sedan to be engineered from the ground up as an electric vehicle, began deliveries to U.S. customers in June of this year and was named Motor Trend's prestigious 2013 Car of the Year.
Tesla Motors designs and sells high-performance, highly efficient electric vehicles. Our cars combine style, acceleration, and handling with advanced technologies that make them among the quickest and the most energy efficient cars on the road.
Job Title and Description:
Quality Engineer â€" Final Assembly (Fremont, CA)
The Quality Engineer â€" Final Assembly is a member of the Manufacturing Quality Team.
He/she will lead the development, implementation and application of Tesla's Quality Management System for the final assembly of the Model S. The ideal candidate has a proven record of success in the implementation and application of quality systems in an automotive manufacturing environment. He/she must have a broad technical background with the ability to work with engineering, manufacturing and suppliers across a wide variety of issues/ corrective actions identified in production and field performance. Strong interpersonal and communication skills are an absolute requirement to establish effective working relationships within Tesla and outside.
The successful candidate for this position takes pride in his/her hands-on and analytical abilities, organization skills and attention to detail. He/She appreciates an environment where superior work is encouraged, noticed and rewarded.
Essential Functions and Duties:
- Develop and implement quality standards and product quality plans as part of the Tesla Quality System to assure products will meet expectations of our target customers.
- Support the development of FMEAs (Design & Process) to identify critical risks to be addressed.
- Support the definition of critical features for the product design.
- Definition of control plans to assure critical features are controlled through the assembly/production process.
- Serve as lead quality representative for Final Assembly to our customer(s)
- Manage and facilitate issue resolution for Final Assembly incl. root cause investigation & corrective action tracking.
- Lead / facilitate review and disposition of discrepant materials identified.
- Work closely with Operations, Manufacturing Engineering, Product Engineering, and Supply Chain teams
Skills and Experience:
- BS or higher degree in a relevant engineering discipline
- 8+ years experience working in a automotive manufacturing environment
- 5+ years experience in a Quality Engineering role
- 5+ years experience in Final Assembly
- Thorough knowledge of and experience with a variety of manufacturing processes
- Understanding of Lean, Six Sigma, and supply chain principles
- PPAP / APQP process knowledge and experience.
- Experience with broad variety of measurement and inspection techniques.
- Specific training and demonstrated success in applying quality problem solving methods such as fishbone diagrams, FMEA, process capability analysis, hypothesis testing, DoE, SPC, etc.
- Strong analytic problem solving skills
- Able to work well under pressure while managing competing demands and tight deadlines
- Remain engaged, proactive and positive in tough circumstances, owning assignments and taking full accountability for their success
- Maintain flexibility and adaptability to changing priorities and assignments, coping with rapidly changing information
- Work efficiently and productively in independent and team settings
- Communicate clearly using excellent written and verbal skills
- Strong organization skills with meticulous attention to detail
- Fluent with common MS office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project)
|Headquarters:||1050 Bing Street|
San Carlos, CA 94070
|Industry:||Cleantech / Energy|