Quality Engineer II Quantum3D
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED Quality Engineer II
Reports To: Director of Operations
Classification: Full-Time/Exempt Location: San Jose, CA
About the Opportunity
The Company is actively seeking a qualified self-motivated professional Quality Engineer to provide the expertise for identification, implementation and verification of company quality assurance requirements and inspection/test activities related to the manufacture of deliverable products and services. This position requires a leader as well as a very hands-on person.
The selected candidate must be a U.S. Citizen or have permanent resident status and be able to perform the job essentials described below.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Establish, implement, and maintain the quality management system that complies with ISO 9000:2008 requirements.
- Perform ISO Internal Audits of the companywide processes and procedure, generate CARs as needed, document and maintain all results.
- Root cause analysis and implementation of corrective action for process related concerns.
- Create and maintain company quality documentation, such as quality manuals, quality procedures, etc.
- Interface with Engineering and Operations to ensure transfer to Production of new products are in accordance with approved data.
- Develop training to build quality awareness.
- Support the Quality Inspectors to ensure that products and processes comply with the relevant requirements of the quality management system.
- Conduct audits, including closing out audit findings, creating audits finding reports and determine proper corrective and preventive actions.
- Analyze failure, corrective and preventive action to respond to customer complaints.
- Manage all equipment calibration required functions, information and service contracts.
- Responsible for planning, organizing and managing the overall activities of receiving/outgoing quality functions.
- Continuously improving QA receiving inspection process and procedures.
- Ensure timely resolution of supplier failure, corrective actions and preventive actions.
- Manage suppliers? performance, write SCARs (Supplier Corrective Action Request) if needed and conduct audits.
- Responsible for continual improvement activities to enhance the quality system, such as 5S, Kaizen lean methods, etc.
- Preparation of monthly company/vendor QA reports.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
The individual must have a sound understanding of techniques involved. Must be able to work/think independently, within a Total Quality Management (TQM) environment and communicate effectively at all levels including, employee, management team and customer. Solid understanding of statistical process control methods, sampling plans, design of experiments, supplier surveys/qualification and supplier audits and including performance measurement. Present and lead surveillance/certification audits conducted by third party. Conduct inspection set-ups using surface plates, inspection tooling, sine plates, and coordinate measuring machines, manage supplier quality system requirements to meet the needs of business objectives, ISO 9000 requirements, and customer requirements. Knowledgeable in statistical process control (SPC) and statistical quality control techniques (SQC).
Desired Skills and Qualifications: Certified Quality Auditor (ASQ-CQA). Familiarity with 5-S, Kaizen, and other Lean Concept knowledge. Experience with product measures using inspection hand tools such as Micrometers, Calipers, Height Gage, Optical Comparators, Dial Indicators, Test Indicators, Surface Finish measurement tools and automated inspection and test equipment.
Education, Training and Experience: Minimum of a Bachelor?s degree in Engineering or equivalent experience is required for this position; a Bachelor?s degree in Engineering is preferred with minimum of 2-3 years of progressive experience in a Quality function.
NO RELOCATION ASSISTANCE IS AVAILABLE. If you reside outside of the San Jose, California area but do not require relocation assistance, please state that at the top of your resume.
Compensation: Commensurate with the position, plus a comprehensive benefits package.
NO RELOCATION ASSISTANCE IS AVAILABLE. If you reside outside of the area and do not require relocation assistance, please indicate this on your cover letter.
||6330 San Ignacio Avenue |
San Jose, CA 95119
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED