Quality Engineer - Nonconforming Product SpaceX
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Quality Engineer - Nonconforming Product
Quality Assurance | Hawthorne, CA, United States
SpaceX is a US based space technology company founded by its residing CEO and CTO, Elon Musk, the former co-founder of PayPal. The company's goal is to renew a sense of excellence in the space industry by disrupting the current paradigm of complacency and replacing it with innovation and commercialized price points; laying the foundation for a truly space-faring human civilization.
SpaceX builds rockets and spacecraft from the ground up; including electronics, software, vehicle structures, and engines. In-house development includes nearly all flight critical custom components amounting to approximately 85% of our vehicles both by mass and by value. Our development and production efforts represent some of the most dynamic and challenging technology problems seen in any organization.
Our success is driven by a wide variety of engineering perspectives and openness to all great ideas. We pride ourselves on being a meritocracy where employees are defined by their capabilities and contributions, instead of title or tenure. We are actively seeking the best and brightest minds from all industries to continue to build our world class team.
Our employees thrive in a fast-paced engineering ecosystem focused on innovation and high levels of personal responsibility. At SpaceX we cut through the noise and believe in the essentials of hardcore engineering.
We build it, test it, and fly it.
Mission Assurance/Quality - SpaceX has a strong belief that launch vehicles and spacecraft can be both cost effective and highly reliable. Our Mission Assurance/Quality team is key to our pursuit of that goal and more specifically also our pursuit of manned spaceflight. The department works in a cross-functional fashion with all other technical teams on a variety of exciting projects, and has great exposure to leadership and the organization as a whole.
- Support the Product Nonconformance Review and Cause and Corrective Action Processes. Review, evaluate and approve Engineering dispositions for nonconforming products, assure identification, segregation, traceability, and timely processing of nonconformance issues.
- Work directly with Operations, Quality, and Engineering to ensure the process policies and procedures are met as well as strategic business objectives.
- Participate in the Root Cause Analysis and Corrective Action process ensuring the timely correction and prevention of quality related problems
- Work within the electronic Enterprise Resource Planning systems used in the documentation and disposition of nonconforming material.
- B.S. or M.S. Degree in Engineering or technical field is required
- Excellent communication and ability to work in a fast-paced /cross-functional environment.
- Must be able to establish priorities, work independently, and proceed with objectives.
- Good working knowledge of nonconformance process and databases and Microsoft Office Suite applications.
- 1 - 3 years of experience in Quality Assurance or Manufacturing Engineering experience is desired
SpaceX offers one of the best environments in the world for employees to learn, build real working systems and tackle exciting challenges every day. We operate in a fun, casual work environment and have great benefits including: competitive salary, stock options, medical/dental insurance and free gym memberships. By joining the SpaceX team, you are not just a part of history, you are making it.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State
Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resource Department at (310) 363-6000.
<< Back to Current Openings
||Hawthorne, CA |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED