About Tesla Motors:
Tesla's goal is to accelerate the world's transition to electric mobility with a full range of increasingly affordable electric cars. California-based Tesla designs and manufactures EVs, as well as EV powertrain components for partners such as Toyota and Daimler. Tesla has delivered over 15,000 electric vehicles to customers in 31 countries. Model S is the world's first premium sedan to be engineered from the ground up as an electric vehicle. Model S was named Motor Trend's prestigious 2013 Car of the Year, achieved the best safety score of any car ever tested by the NHTSA, and Consumer Reports is calling it the best car it has ever tested.
Tesla Motors is committed to hiring and developing top talent from across the world for any given discipline. Our world-class teams operate with a non-conventional automotive product development philosophy of high inter-disciplinary collaboration, flat organizational structure, and technical contribution at all levels. You will be expected to challenge and to be challenged, to create, and to innovate. These jobs are not for everyone, you must have a genuine passion for producing the best vehicles in the world. Without passion, you will find what we're trying to do too difficult.
Tesla Motors designs and sells high-performance, highly efficient electric vehicles. Our cars combine style, acceleration, and handling with advanced technologies that make them among the quickest and the most energy efficient cars on the road.
Job Title and Description:
Quality Engineer â€" Plastics (Fremont, CA)
The Quality Engineer â€" Plastics is a member of the Manufacturing Quality Team.
He/she will lead the development, implementation and application of Tesla's Quality Management System for all plastic components of the Model S. The ideal candidate has a proven record of success in the implementation and application of quality systems in an automotive manufacturing environment. He/she must have a broad technical background with the ability to work with engineering, manufacturing and suppliers across a wide variety of issues/ corrective actions identified in production and field performance. Strong interpersonal and communication skills are an absolute requirement to establish effective working relationships within Tesla and outside.
The successful candidate for this position takes pride in his/her hands-on and analytical abilities, organization skills and attention to detail. He/She appreciates an environment where superior work is encouraged, noticed and rewarded.
Essential Functions and Duties:
- Develop and implement quality standards and product quality plans as part of the Tesla Quality System to assure products will meet expectations of our target customers.
- Support the development of FMEAs (Design & Process) to identify critical risks to be addressed.
- Support the definition of critical features for the product design.
- Definition of control plans to assure critical features are controlled through the assembly/production process.
- Serve as lead quality representative for Plastics/Plastics Plant to our customer(s).
- Manage and facilitate issue resolution for Plastics/Plastics Plant incl. root cause investigation & corrective action tracking.
- Lead / facilitate review and disposition of discrepant materials identified.
- Work closely with Operations, Manufacturing Engineering, Product Engineering, and Supply Chain teams.
Skills and Experience:
- BS or higher degree in a relevant engineering discipline.
- 8+ years experience working in a automotive manufacturing environment.
- 5+ years experience in a Quality Engineering role.
- 5+ years experience with Plastics and plastic shop environments.
- Thorough knowledge of and experience with a variety of manufacturing processes.
- Understanding of Lean, Six Sigma, and supply chain principles.
- PPAP / APQP process knowledge and experience.
- Experience with broad variety of measurement and inspection techniques.
- Specific training and demonstrated success in applying quality problem solving methods such as fishbone diagrams, FMEA, process capability analysis, hypothesis testing, DoE, SPC, etc.
- Strong analytic problem solving skills.
- Able to work well under pressure while managing competing demands and tight deadlines.
- Remain engaged, proactive and positive in tough circumstances, owning assignments and taking full accountability for their success.
- Maintain flexibility and adaptability to changing priorities and assignments, coping with rapidly changing information.
- Work efficiently and productively in independent and team settings.
- Communicate clearly using excellent written and verbal skills.
- Strong organization skills with meticulous attention to detail.
- Fluent with common MS office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project).
Tesla Motors is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, color, age, sex, ancestry, marital status, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, present or past history of mental disability, genetic information or any other classification protected by state or federal law.
|Headquarters:||1050 Bing Street|
San Carlos, CA 94070
|Industry:||Cleantech / Energy|