Quality Engineer Mashery
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED About Mashery
For over seven years Mashery has had a front row seat to the exploding Web API movement. With over 175 brands, hundreds of APIs, 200,000+ developers, and over 60,000 active applications running on Mashery-powered APIs, we are the market leader in providing API management technology and services. Our diverse client portfolio includes companies such as Best Buy, New York Times, Netflix, Expedia, TED, and YellowPages. We have real customers, real revenue, and a very real product, all developed by a talented and passionate team at one of the ?Best Places to Work in the Bay Area.
We are looking for a Quality Engineer to join our Mashery SaaS/web
applications team. The charter of the SaaS/web applications team is to
deliver scalable, reliable, high performing and secure tools for Masherys
development community. You will partner with product owners and feature developers to deliver quality features. At Mashery, QA is considered a first-class citizen in the engineering process if you have a passion and desire for making a positive impact to the company bottom line in an agile environment, this is the place for you.
- Applies defined software engineering practices and procedures to design,
influence, and drive quality and testability of products and services
- Consults with developers on testability and test approach, specifically:
- Teaches developers improved testing skills and mindset
- Works cooperatively with developers to identify and create appropriate
unit tests that the developers will execute
- Provides input to code refactoring efforts
- Defines automation test strategies and test execution plan for SaaS/web apps components
- Writes automated tests built on PHPUnit, Selenium WebDriver, and BeHat
- Extends existing unit test and integration test frameworks
- Researches, recommends, and installs automation test tools
- Reads code to troubleshoot and isolate defects
- Actively drives increased code and test coverage
- Works on multiple assignments in parallel
- Provides proactive guidance during all stages of development lifecycle
influencing specific project outcomes with the goal of defect prevention
- Acts with a sense of urgency and flexibility to achieve critical
- Provides and meets time estimates for assigned deliverables
- MS in Computer Science and 3 years professional work experience
- Track record in testing interdependent and distributed backend systems
- Proficiency in developing object oriented, multi-tenant applications.
Experience with either PHP5 or Java required.
- 1+ years of hands-on experience programming, whitebox testing, and
writing test automation using tools such as PHPUnit/TestNG/JUnit, and
Selenium WebDriver experience.
- 1+ years experience with behavior driven test tools such as BeHat and/or Cucumber.
- 1+ years of experience with Build automation and Continuous Integration tools preferably using Maven, Hudson, and Nexus.
- Hands-on experience with code coverage analysis tools and unit test
frameworks. Experience with mock objects is considered a plus.
- Familiarity with Agile Development Lifecycle like scrums, sprints,
epics, user stories, and retrospectives is required.
- Experience in managing/setting-up cloud based test environments
- Working knowledge of various technologies, languages, and concepts,
including networking, clustering
- Performance and load testing experience a plus
San Francisco location
Were conveniently located on Market Street in downtown San Francisco, a half-block from BART and Muni. Our team works hard and is very committed to Mashery, but we also understand that having a life is crucial to all of our success.
Mashery is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, marital status, age, disability, sexual orientation,
military/veteran status, or any other status protected by Federal or State law or local ordinance.
||625 Second Street |
San Francisco, CA 94107
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED