Quality Engineer Splunk
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Our fast-growing team is expanding to include a Quality Engineer who is ready to broaden their expertise beyond a typical testing and quality assurance role. Ideal candidates will enjoy learning about new technologies, programming languages, tools, and security or compliance challenges faced by organizations in an ever increasing world of digital threat to information and assets.â€¨ â€¨Your days will be a mix of writing and executing test plans, writing scripts, designing and planning, interviewing customers and partners, writing documentation, or trawling the web to learn about ways to solve real customer problems. You must enjoy wearing multiple hats and thrive in the rapidly-changing and entrepreneurial environment of a startup.
The Splunk Quality Engineering team strives to select the best technical minds with the highest ethical and professional standards who can quickly deliver high-quality results as measured by working software. Splunk is growing its business, and your contribution will be critical to helping us reach our goals.â€¨ â€¨
Responsibilities: I can do that!
Requirements: I've already done that!
- Quickly learn new technologies and customer use cases to create world-class test enviornments
- Contribute to the QE team to deliver high-quality product releases with exceptional user experiences
- Build manual and automated test infrastructure (test methods, plans, frameworks, tools, scripts, etc.)
- Communicate clearly and thoughtfully with customers and other internal groups (written, verbal)
- Stay highly organized and hit tight deadlines; use disciplined approaches to solve testing problems
- Focus on getting things done while being process aware; maintain a 'do whatever it takes' attitude
â€¨Intermediate to Advanced Knowledge:
- 4-7 years of industry experience in a seasonal SQE role for an enterprise software company working with software products
- Experience working with enterprise security software on distributed/network system software
- Experience working in a startup environment preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to learn new things quickly and have a 'can do' attitude
- Action oriented and willing to step in to fill gaps when identified
- Experience with distributed and/or offshore development teams
- Detail-oriented and well-organized
- Passionate about security and solving security focused problems
- Works well in an entrepreneurial, team environment and willing to express thoughts and ideas
- Architecting, designing, implementing, and executing test infrastructure for enterprise-class software
- Automated and manual software testing methods (unit, black-box, performance, security, etc) and tools
- Experience in developing automation using REST interfaces of the product being tested, specifically Python or any object oriented language
- Python scripting (or experience that indicates you could become proficient quickly)
- Other scripting languages (Perl, Tcl/Expect, Windows/Unix shell)
- Using, developing on, and administering multiple OSes (Windows, Unix)
- Software development lifecycle methods and processes (Agile / scrum)
- UI test frameworks, preferably Selenium/Webdriver or equivalent, both writing tests and using them to solve challenging problems and scenarios
Education: Got it!â€¨â€¨
- Experience in testing apps developed in dev frameworks: J2EE, Apache projects, .NET, Cherry.py, Rails, etc.
- Data transformation and reporting tools (e.g. SQL, regular expressions, XPath, Crystal Reports, SSRS, etc.)
- Strong knowledge in HTTP/SSL/TLS protocols
- Complementary Knowledge (Pluses)
- Enterprise IT architectures (3/4-tier apps, data centers), networking (architectures, switching, routing)
- IT system and network security: use cases, processes / procedures, and common techniques and tools
- Security solutions and technology (Firewalls, IDS/IPS, AV, VA, Honeypots, Encryption, SIEM, etc.)
- Relational databases (e.g. SQL, Oracle) or â€œBig dataâ€ technologies (Map-Reduce, Hadoop)
- Exposure to Authentication/Authorization,LDAP,Active Directory
Bachelor's degree in a technical field (e.g. EE, CS), Master Degree would be a Plus â€¨
About Splunk: Splunk was founded to pursue a disruptive new vision: make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. Machine data is the fastest growing and most pervasive part of â€œbig dataâ€-- generated by every component of IT infrastructures, applications, mobile phone location data, website clickstreams, social data, RFID and much more. Splunk is focused specifically on the challenges and opportunity of effectively managing massive amounts of machine data, and providing a next-generation platform for powerful new applications. Since shipping its software in 2006, Splunk now has almost 3,000 customers in over 70 countries around the world. These organizations are using Splunk to harness the power of their machine data for application management, IT operations and infrastructure management, cyber security, compliance, web intelligence, business analytics and more.
Innovation is in our DNA â€" from technology to the way we do business. Splunk software has become a platform for machine data!
Splunk now has over 400 employees worldwide, with headquarters in San Francisco, an office in Cupertino, CA and 8 offices around the world. We've built a phenomenal foundation for success with a proven leadership team, highly passionate employees and unique patented software. We invite you to help us continue our drive to define a new industry and become part of one of the most innovative, disruptive and successful companies in the software industry.
Benefits & Perks: Wow! This is really cool! Health Care, full company paid Dental, Vision and Life Insurance, flexible spending and dependent care accounts, Commuter benefits, PTO and sick leave, 401K, 3 weeks' vacation.
This isn't a job â€" it's a life changer â€" are you ready?
Splunk is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer supporting workforce diversity.
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED