Quality Inspector (2nd Shift) SpaceX
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Quality Inspector (2nd Shift)
Manufacturing and Production Operations | Hawthorne, CA, United States
Quality Inspector (2nd Shift)
SpaceX is a US based space technology company founded by its residing CEO and CTO, Elon Musk, the former co-founder of PayPal. The company's goal is to renew a sense of excellence in the space industry by disrupting the current paradigm of complacency and replacing it with innovation and commercialized price points; laying the foundation for a truly space-faring human civilization.
SpaceX builds rockets and spacecraft from the ground up; including electronics, software, vehicle structures, and engines. In-house development includes nearly all flight critical custom components amounting to approximately 85% of our vehicles both by mass and by value. Our development and production efforts represent some of the most dynamic and challenging technology problems seen in any organization.
Our success is driven by a wide variety of engineering perspectives and openness to all great ideas. We pride ourselves on being a meritocracy where employees are defined by their capabilities and contributions, instead of title or tenure. We are actively seeking the best and brightest minds from all industries to continue to build our world class team.
Our employees thrive in a fast-paced engineering ecosystem focused on innovation and high levels of personal responsibility. At SpaceX we cut through the noise and believe in the essentials of hardcore engineering.
We build it, test it, and fly it.
F9 Quality Assurance - SpaceX has a strong belief that launch vehicles and spacecraft can be both cost effective and highly reliable. Our F9 Quality team is key to our pursuit of that goal and more specifically also our pursuit of manned spaceflight. The department works in a cross-functional fashion with all other technical teams on a variety of exciting projects, and has great exposure to leadership and the organization as a whole.
- Provide detailed in-process inspections on launch vehicle metallic structural assemblies, using detailed drawings, CAD models, and established processes to verify conformance to design requirements.
- Communicate and help resolve quality related issues as they relate to the Structures department.
- Document production non-conformances in accordance with prescribed procedures and processes as required.
- Support Quality Management System policies and procedure documentation, assess compliance to company and industry standards, initiate and lead continual improvement and Lean Manufacturing initiatives.
- 3-5 years practical experience in a launch vehicle structural assembly environment.
- Experience working with Material Review Board and Root Cause/Corrective Action systems.
- Must be able to read and interpret design drawings and CAD models.
- Strong Knowledge and experience working with design data systems, manufacturing enterprise resource systems, electronic databases, and paperless work instructions.
- Strong team building and communication skills. Must be able to effectively communicate with engineering and production groups.
- Thorough Knowledge of the AS/ISO family of standards especially AS9100C
- Strong technical writing skills, ability to communicate effectively with management and departments, and fundamental problem solving skills.
- Ability to work independently with a strong work ethic, be innovative, detail oriented, possess initiative, be positive, and be people oriented.
- Proficient with Word, PowerPoint and Excel. A demonstrated comfort with personal computers and willingness to learn specific software applications
- Excellent communication and team-building skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced /cross-functional environment.
- Must be able to work 2nd shift hours (2:30pm - 12:00am), and overtime, as necessary.
SpaceX offers one of the best environments in the world for employees to learn, build real working systems and tackle exciting challenges every day. We operate in a fun, casual work environment and have great benefits including: competitive salary, stock options, medical/dental insurance and free gym memberships. By joining the SpaceX team, you are not just a part of history, you are making it.
- B.S or Assoc. degree in a technical or engineering field is preferred.
- Military experience.
- A&P License is highly preferred.
- Strong understanding of safety programs and OSHA regulations and requirements.
- Practical experience working within Quality Management Systems (AS9100 and ISO 9001).
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State
Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resource Department at (310) 363-6000.
<< Back to Current Openings
||multiple, multiple |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED