Quality Metrology Specialist SpaceX
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Quality Metrology Specialist
Quality Assurance | Hawthorne, CA, United States
SpaceX is a US based space technology company founded by its residing CEO and CTO, Elon Musk, the former co-founder of PayPal. The company's goal is to renew a sense of excellence in the space industry by disrupting the current paradigm of complacency and replacing it with innovation and commercialized price points; laying the foundation for a truly space-faring human civilization.
SpaceX builds rockets and spacecraft from the ground up; including electronics, software, vehicle structures, and engines. In-house development includes nearly all flight critical custom components amounting to approximately 85% of our vehicles both by mass and by value. Our development and production efforts represent some of the most dynamic and challenging technology problems seen in any organization.
Our success is driven by a wide variety of engineering perspectives and openness to all great ideas. We pride ourselves on being a meritocracy where employees are defined by their capabilities and contributions, instead of title or tenure. We are actively seeking the best and brightest minds from all industries to continue to build our world class team.
Our employees thrive in a fast-paced engineering ecosystem focused on innovation and high levels of personal responsibility. At SpaceX we cut through the noise and believe in the essentials of hardcore engineering.
We build it, test it, and fly it.
Our rapid growth at SpaceX has created the need for a Metrology/Calibration Technicianat our Hawthorne Facility in the Quality Department. We are a fast-paced and high energy team that provides support to ensure the measurement integrity of our scientists and technicians. The right candidate will possess both physical and electronic calibration capabilities, the ability to think on their feet and have a can-do attitude. Providing top-notch support for our internal customers is our goal.
- Performs routine and complex work related to the repair and calibration of electronic, electro-mechanical and mechanical test and measurement equipment.
- Provide maintenance on equipment when required.
- Uses calibration procedures and measurement systems for use on company equipment in compliance with requirements.
- Assures compliance to Quality Management System.
- Assists engineering teams in assessing and implementing calibration processes and goals to supported systems.
- Provide recall and calibration data to supported teams within the factory and test sites.
- High school diploma or GED required or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 10 year experience in the repair and calibration of electronic/electro-mechanical, process control equipment and mechanical equipment.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to withstand harsh weather environments when field work is required.
- Capable of heavy lifting (50 to 80 pounds).
- Advanced skills with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel), LabView and industry specific software.
- Military PMEL/TMDE/DOD training preferred.
- Familiar with ANSI Z540.3-2006
- Electrical and Physical Dimensional experience preferred
- AC/DC Low Frequency experience preferred.
- Physical Dimensional experience preferred
- Familiarity with IndySoft GageInSite preferred.
- ASQ CCT preferred
Additional position information
SpaceX offers one of the best environments in the world for employees to learn, build real working systems and tackle exciting challenges every day. We operate in a fun, casual work environment and have great benefits including: competitive salary, stock options, medical/dental insurance and free gym memberships. By joining the SpaceX team, you are not just a part of history, you are making it.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State
Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resource Department at (310) 363-6000.
<< Back to Current Openings
||Hawthorne, CA |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED