Receiving Inspection (Wilke) SpaceX
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Receiving Inspection (Wilke)
Quality Assurance | Hawthorne, CA, United States
SpaceX is a US based space technology company founded by its residing CEO and CTO, Elon Musk, the former co-founder of PayPal. The company's goal is to renew a sense of excellence in the space industry by disrupting the current paradigm of complacency and replacing it with innovation and commercialized price points; laying the foundation for a truly space-faring human civilization.
SpaceX builds rockets and spacecraft from the ground up; including electronics, software, vehicle structures, and engines. In-house development includes nearly all flight critical custom components amounting to approximately 85% of our vehicles both by mass and by value. Our development and production efforts represent some of the most dynamic and challenging technology opportunities seen by any organization.
Our success is driven by a wide variety of engineering perspectives and openness to all great ideas. We pride ourselves on being a meritocracy where employees are defined by their capabilities and contributions, instead of title or tenure. We are actively seeking the best and brightest minds from all industries to continue to build our world class team.
Our employees thrive in a fast-paced engineering ecosystem focused on innovation and high levels of personal responsibility. At SpaceX we cut through the noise and believe in the essentials of hardcore engineering.
We build it, test it, and fly it.
- Working on new exciting challenges in an R&D environment where teamwork is #1.
- Utilizes inspection equipment such as micrometers,calipers and profilometer.
- Approves or rejects items and documents inspection results as required.
- Performs documentation review and verification of certifications, specifications, and conformance to design and specification requirements.
- Communicates with internal customers, and suppliers as required to resolve inspection discrepancies.
- Use electronic ERP system to route parts and components to proper departments.
SpaceX offers one of the best environments in the world for employees to learn, build real working systems and tackle exciting challenges every day. We operate in a fun, casual work environment and have great benefits including: competitive salary, stock options, medical/dental insurance and free gym memberships. By joining the SpaceX team, you are not just a part of history, you are making it.
- High School Diploma or equivalent experience.
- At least 5 years of aerospace precision mechanical inspection experience required.
- Must be able to detect design and drawing flaws.
- Receiving and in process inspection experience is required.
- Requi9res the ability to rea and interpret engingeering drawings and specificaitons using ASME Y14.5.
- GD&T and skillful use of metrology tools and gauges required.
- Solid computer skills in Microft Word, Outlook and Excel.
- Must be able to work all hours, shifts, and weekends and overtime, if required.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State
Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resource Department at (310) 363-6000.
<< Back to Current Openings
||Hawthorne, CA |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED