Epocrates (NASDAQ: EPOC) is a leading electronic source of clinical information and decision support tools for primary care physicians at the point of care. Physicians ranked Epocrates as the second most recognized brand behind Microsoft, among 18 healthcare technology companies evaluated. Today, over 1.2 million healthcare professionals, including half of U.S. physicians, use Epocrates' innovative mobile and Web-based products to help them reduce medical errors, improve patient care, and increase productivity. These professionals have come to rely on and trust Epocrates as their point-of-care medical technology partner. In 2011, Epocrates was named as one of the top 10 most innovate company by FAST magazine.
Epocrates seeks proven, quota-carrying, results driven enterprise sales professional to sell Epocrates licensed software and services. Person will work directly with medical groups, hospitals, universities, and many other health care organizations. This person will work from San Mateo, CA with minimal travel.
Position is responsible for the entire sales process from start to close, and is focused on increasing company revenue by developing new business relationships and responding to all lead generation efforts for the Epocrates Institutional Sales unit. This includes prospecting, responding to incoming leads, web demonstrations, client visits, tradeshows, marketing programs, and more. Individual is expected to take ownership of their territory and client relations, and use best judgment to accomplish financial sales goals. Individual should be adept at working in a fast-paced environment and be a highly motivated self-starter with excellent communication and sales skills.
- Create and develop relationships with key health care organizations, primarily medical groups and hospitals, to purchase licensed software products and services from Epocrates.
- Respond to all lead generation efforts, including but not limited to in-coming phone calls, website inquiries, email inquiries, and partner leads.
- Prospect relentlessly to build and maintain a pipeline that will exceed monthly, quarterly, and yearly quotas
- Work with client services to seamlessly transition new accounts into a post sales cycle
- Effectively use Internet, Hoovers, CRM, and other resources to prospect and maintain leads and client information.
- Utilize Salesforce applications to manage territory: Forecast, client communications, pipeline, prospecting, actively metrics.
- Continue to develop and enhance business cases for prospective clients that reinforce the market leadership position of the company in the marketplace.
- Support marketing efforts, including the development and execution of inbound and outbound marketing campaigns
- 5 to 7 years of work experience; BA or BS required
- Demonstrated ability to generate and close sales; and cultivate, build, and keep client relationships
- Self starter who can work independently to develop creative solutions and prioritize tasks
- Natural curiosity and desire to help clients solve problems
- Ability to quickly build rapport with clients, especially over the phone
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal skills
- Experience selling to C-Level
- Strong organizational skills; ability to handle multiple activities and projects simultaneously and manage the projects to accomplish desired results
- Demonstrated ability to work cross-functionally with multiple groups/departments, such as marketing, engineering, analytics, and accounting
- Solid understanding/experience of medical groups and hospitals, medical universities, pharmaceutical companies
- Current contacts at large medical groups, hospitals, and health systems desired
- Software sales or medical software sales a plus
- Experience with Salesforce CRM or similar
- Contracts experience
|Location:||San Mateo, CA |
|Headquarters:||1100 Park Place|
San Mateo, CA 94403