Regional Manager - Latin America Promega
JOB OBJECTIVE: Manage existing business and develop new business opportunities through strategic and tactical planning for the Latin America region (excludes Brazil). Effectively manage and develop locally-based Field Applications Specialists and channel partners in the territory; achieve sales and profitability targets.
1. Develop and execute strategic and tactical plan for region including operating expense plan to achieve annual targets.
2. Directly manage the deployment of Field Applications Specialist (FAS) resources in the territory based on strategic plan and prioritization of opportunities.
3. Directly manage the performance of each FAS in the assigned territory. In cooperation with Human Resources, establish and execute training plans (sales and technical training), career development plans and performance targets (MBO, sales targets) and conduct annual performance reviews for each direct report.
4. Manage relations with local employment service providers; responsible for administration of salary, benefits and expenses for FAS staff.
5. Lead the individual development and reinforcement of Promega sales processes such as Miller-Heiman and SPIN selling.
6. Ensure that each FAS enters and routinely updates the corporate contact management systems with key information and actions resulting from customer interactions.
7. Manage channel partner performance
? Develop annual channel plan for Latin America region; includes implementation of regional initiatives to drive growth.
? Monitor sales performance for distributors in Latin America region to achieve annual revenue forecasts.
? Provide sales reporting on monthly and quarterly basis to distributors; observe trends and solicit input from distributor and LA-FAS to address negative trends.
? Establish annual forecast for each distributor.
? Deploy distributor assessment measurement tool; identify and review significant distributor performance concerns with Management and develop action plan to address.
? In conjunction with Business Units, develop, implement innovative marketing/sales support tools for the region. Identify metrics and measure effectiveness of tools; adapt as necessary.
? Evaluate and implement distributor termination procedures when necessary according to the established process.
? Research options for representation and gather information from potential distributors.
? Prepare evaluation and recommendation based on potential distributor assessment process, LA-FAS input and review with Management. Implement new distributor appointment process as needed.
? In coordination with Management and LA-FAS, develop and implement plans for optimizing the effectiveness of the LA-FAS duties with the distributor organizations.
8. Identify and develop long-term relationships with key contacts and decision makers at all levels within key accounts in distributor and direct markets. Leverage such relationships to facilitate information gathering and needs analysis to lead to closing of business or collaborations.
9. Monitor and report competitor activities, technical developments, pricing and trends.
10. Assist with evaluation of market opportunities in the region including assessment of research fund trends, competitive landscape and current market position. Prepare recommendations including business models and cost projections for growing Promega business in Latin America.
11. Interface with Customer Service and Technical Service to provide highly responsive support to distributors.
12. Understand and comply with ethical, legal and regulatory requirements applicable to our business.
1. Organize/host distributor and customer visits at Corporate Headquarters.
2. Provide support to Management for special corporate projects or duties.
3. Coordinate new foreign employee hire procedure.
4. Other projects as assigned.
1. Bachelor?s Degree in the Life Sciences or related discipline.
2. Minimum 5 years successful direct sales/sales management experience in the Life Sciences industry in the region.
3. Personnel management or supervisory experience.
4. Fluency in oral and written communication in Spanish and English.
5. Ability to travel up to 60% of the time in the region as required.
6. Proven data analysis skills. Proficient in various computer applications including: word processing, spread sheet manipulation, database queries.
7. Strong interpersonal skills; highly responsive and motivated; able to work independently and with distributors from many cultures in a productive manner.
1. Advanced degree in life science field (M.S. or Ph.D.)
2. Degree in business management or related field.
3. Comprehensive understanding of the life sciences research products market/customers and of the genetic identity market/customers throughout the region.
4. Residence within the region.
5. Proven ability to drive others in order to meet their sales targets and goals.
6. Demonstrated business planning and successful negotiation skills.
7. First-hand experience with Promega?s product line.
1. Ability to travel up to 60% in the Region and to the U.S.
2. Ability to use telephone and computer equipment
3. Move heavy items (exhibit booth and instruments)
Promega Corporation is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
Madison, Wisconsin, United States
||2800 Woods Hollow Road |
Madison, WI 53711