Regional Sales Director - Education & Government
Workday is the leader in enterprise-class, software-as-a-service (SaaS) solutions for managing global businesses.
Our solutions combine the lower cost of ownership of SaaS with a modern approach to applications. Founded by PeopleSoft veterans Dave Duffield and Aneel Bhusri, Workday delivers Human Capital Management, Payroll, Financial Management and Worker Spend Management solutions for midsize and Fortune 500 companies.Â
Workday is hiring a Regional Sales Director in Philadelphia to manage a team of six to nine Account Executives.Â
The ideal candidate will be a proven sales leader with a track record of success and the ability to hire, develop, manage and motivate a team of sales professionals to prospect for and close new business.Â
We rely on our Regional Sales Directors to manage our sales execution disciplines including, overall pipeline management at 3x goal; the 241-minute rule for Salesforce.com updates; meaningful territory evaluation plans; quarterly business reviews; etc.Â These disciplines, combined with in-field work with Account Executives, leads ultimately to forecast management.
Regional Sales Directors are on the front-line in securing deals for Workday, working with Account Executives, Legal, Revenue Recognition, Sales Operations and senior Sales Management to structure, negotiate and secure approval for deals.
- To attract top talent to the organization, across all disciplines but namely individual sales contributors. To work with the Recruiting function to target active and passive candidates in top performing Enterprise Sales positions in other leading companies.
- To hire and onboard individual sales contributors, including allocation of territory accounts and commensurate compensation plans.
- To ensure new hires are ramped to be effective as soon as possible. This will include coaching, mentoring, field sales calls, enhancing product knowledge and leveraging the long-tenured team members.
- To develop the regional plan for all vertical industries, solutions, products and geographies. Also to work with senior leaders to segment the region by solution and account size, plus channel sales as appropriate.
- To work with Marketing and Inside Sales to develop new opportunities, including trade shows, speaking opportunities, interview opportunities and other lead generation events.
- To continually coach existing team members, including strategic account selling, developing lighthouse accounts, managing cross-regional accounts, plus taking any necessary remedial actions as required.
- To develop relationships with the local large SI partners, including co-development of opportunities, joint bid activities, allocation of Business Development resources and use of local boutique implementation resources.
- To ensure the smooth and effective handover of customers to the Professional Services team, with ongoing care and attention to ensure 100% reference ability of customers within the region.
- To coordinate the deployment of pre-sales resources in sales activities in conjunction with the pre-sales leadership, including qualification of leads and priority setting.
- To keep informed of regional variances and legislation around HR and Financial products to ensure feedback to the product teams and hence into the ongoing roadmap.
- To work with Senior Management and Sales Operations to ensure the predictability and visibility of pipeline, opportunity, hiring and bookings numbers.
- To ensure deal visibility and accountability at key points in the sales cycle.
- To understand how to balance the needs of hiring, ramping, developing and coaching talent, whilst also growing sales bookings and regional performance.
- To work with other Regional Sales Directors within the unique culture of Workday, including understanding where the needs of the business outweigh the needs of the region.
- To celebrate success and recognize individual contributors when excellent.
Skills and Experience:
- 10+Â years experience, selling at senior executive levels (CXO), to large, multi-national organizations
- 5+ years of Sales management experience in software sales, preferably in HCM or enterprise applications
- Proven experience successfully managing and motivating sales individuals to achieve performance goals
- Have the gravitas and seniority to present to C-suite decision makers
- Have enough experience to understand which sales milestones to be involved in, and where to drive opportunities. Also to understand where individual contributors must be empowered.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work and influence effectively across organizations â both internally and with prospects
- Demonstrated teamworkÂ and collaboration