Release Engineer Puppet Labs
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Department: Engineering - Release
Reports to: Release Manager
Location: Portland, OR
Summary of Role
Do you have a passion for Open Source software? Interested in being an integral part of the release of software used on all major Linux distributions? Would you like to see the results of your efforts improve large scale deployments at major players like Google and CERN?
Puppet Labs is hiring a Release Engineer to develop, implement and maintain our software release lifecycle. In this role, you will work closely with engineering, marketing, sales, and operations to ensure quality products are released in a timely fashion. Additionally, you will develop and implement software delivery standards, policies, and procedures, collaborate with other teams to prioritize software configuration needs and maintain deadlines for software releases. As a Release Engineer, you are skilled at analyzing and resolving software configuration and installation issues to maintain product integrity and overall rollout of software.
- Experience with a build tool such as Koji, Buildd, OBS
- Experience with CI tools such as Jenkins, Cruise Control, Bamboo
- Strong knowledge of design patterns: queues, resource sharing/management
- Knowledge of autoconf, automake, make, rake
- Understanding how great software is designed, built, delivered, and maintained
- Applying liberal amounts of Bash, Ruby, Perl, and/or Python scripts when needed
- Working within and across teams to deliver high-quality software
- Using distributed version control
- Knowledge of packaging systems and associated tools (Debian, Red Hat, Windows, Solaris, AIX, MacOS)
- Ability to analyze and explain trade offs in areas of tooling and process
- Has relevant and demonstrable work history
- Puppet Certified, a plus!
Please include a cover letter with your application describing how you feel your experience is a fit for the qualifications of this position. In addition, please answer the following questions:
1) Why are you interested in working for Puppet Labs?
2) Describe the technology stack of a project you worked on. What worked well? What would you change?
3) What's your favorite Unix/Linux packaging system and why? Compare/contrast it with your least favorite.
4) Give an example of software you have released. Describe any challenges you faced during the release.
Working for Puppet Labs
Based in Portland, Oregon, Puppet Labs creates IT automation software which enables system administrators to deliver the operational agility and efficiency of cloud computing at enterprise-class service levels, scaling from handfuls of nodes on-premise to tens of thousands in the cloud. Puppet powers thousands of companies, including Twitter, Yelp, eBay, Zynga, JP Morgan Chase, Bank of America, Google, Disney, Citrix, Oracle, and Viacom. Our investors include Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers, True Ventures, Radar Partners, Emerson St. Partners, VMware, Google Ventures, and Cisco.
Everyone who works here has a real, direct impact on the company, and our list of interesting and difficult challenges will always be larger than the time we have to tackle them. Our work environment is relaxed yet results driven, encouraging creativity, collaboration, and challenging each other in order to foster continuous improvement. Our employees embody our values, displaying curiosity, self-motivation, adaptability, and a passion for what Puppet Labs is all about.
||Portland, OR 97209 |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED