Release Engineer - Release Team Turn
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Turn delivers real-time insights that transform the way leading advertising agencies and marketers make decisions. Our cloud applications and Internet-scale architecture work together to provide a complete picture of customers, execute cross-channel campaigns, and connect with a worldwide ecosystem of over 100 partners. Turn is headquartered in Silicon Valley with offices in Amsterdam, Charlotte, Chicago, Dallas, Hamburg, Hong Kong, London, Los Angeles, New York, Paris, San Francisco, Singapore, Sydney and Sao Paolo. For more information, visit turn.com or follow @turnplatform.
Please take a moment to view our award-winning culture video at: http://www.turn.com/working-at-turn/
Turn is seeking an experienced Release Engineer to join the Release Team within Technical Operations. The Release Team plays an integral role in implementing and executing service release processes. The role supports Turn Engineering by building tools used in software deployments, acting as the point of entry for the service transition process, coordinating and pushing new releases to the production infrastructure. You'll be part of the team that ensures new software spanning the application, systems and firmware are released in a streamlined manner to production. You will be working closely with development teams, program managers and operations to ensure that Turn's products are delivered with a repeatable and scalable process.
- Own, manage and improve our release and service transition process. Focus on scale and efficiency.
- Linux system administration, maintenance and upgrade of production clusters on regular basis
- Recommend, support and extend systems build and software release tools and processes for a fast moving development organization
- Serve as the point of entry for the service transition process and own the implementation of all new services being provisioned into production.
- Support and improve our tools for continuous build using Maven and Jenkins
- Build and maintain tools needed during release pushes
- BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 3+ years experience in build/release engineering and systems administration in a Unix environment
- Expert scripting ability in at least two scripting language (Ruby, Python, PERL, etc.)
- Experience building Java/C/C++ based products in terms of resolving build failures, merge conflicts and understanding snippets of code.
- Strong familiarity with software configuration management systems and/or source code version control systems, Git experience highly desired
- Extensive knowledge of Unix/Linux
- Experience in installing, configuring and debugging open source software strace and other tools
- Experience automating release and build processes
- Experience working within a structured Change Management environment
Location: Redwood City, CA
In addition to our great environment, we offer a competitive base salary, bonus program, stock options, employee development programs and other comprehensive benefits. Please send a cover letter along with your resume when applying to the position of interest located at Turn.com. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. No phone calls and no recruiting agencies, please.
||Redwood City, CA 94063 |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED