Release Engineer (SF/Cupertino) Splunk
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Job Description: That's a cool job! I want it!
Are you a Jenkins expert? Have you written any Jenkins plugins or fixed any bugs with Jenkins Core? Have you built a testing infrastructure using Jenkins and Amazon AWS? Can you see a bad continuous integration and QA testing framework from a mile? Are you a super hands on engineer willing to do whatever it takes to get the job done ?
If so, Splunk wants to talk to you!
We have an opening for a rockstar Software Engineer in the newly formed QA Tools and Infrastructure team. As one of the first members of this team, you will be instrumental in building out our next generation testing framework and infrastructure.
Responsibilities: I want to and can do that
Requirements: I've already done that or have that!
- Build out a Jenkins cluster using Jenkins Enterprise, Amazon AWS, and VMWare
- Design a proper build pipeline using Jenkins plugins like Job DSL, build flow
- Actively manage, maintain, and evolve the Jenkins cluster based on engineering needs
- Work independently as well as in a very collaborative team environment.
- 3 to 5 years professional experience using Jenkins. Must be comfortable creating complex job chains using plugins such as BuildFlow or Job DSL plugin
A Big plus: I know this too !
- Jenkins â€" experience creating complex job chains using Plugins such as BuildFlow, Job DSL, Locks an Latches, etc
- Jenkins â€" experience building projects along various axes using multi-configuration project.
- Jenkins â€" experience building and maintaining a large Jenkins cluster ( > 50 agents)
- Familiar with Artifactory
- 2-3 years using Amazon AWS. Must be deeply knowledgeable about EC2, S3, Cloudformation API, and VPC
- Strong Windows and UNIX skills
- Puppet or Chef knowledge
- Curiosity, honesty & integrity
- Must be team player.
Education: Got it!
- Maven/Ivy/Grade a big plus
- Experience building C/C++ applications using gcc, make, cmake, ninja, etc. Intimate knowledge about the C++ build process intricacies highly desirable.
- Experience using Netflix AWS tools (Asgard, Janitor Monkey, Chaos Monkey)
- Building iOS appellations on Jenkins a big plus
- Prior experience building virtual testing environment using Jenkins+AWS is a big plus
- Strong python experience is a big plus.
A degree in Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent work experience.
Splunk was founded to pursue a disruptive new vision: make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. Machine data is a fast growing and pervasive part of â€œbig dataâ€-- generated by every component of IT infrastructures, applications, mobile phone location data, website clickstreams, social data, RFID and much more.
Splunk is focused specifically on the challenges and opportunity of effectively managing massive amounts of machine data, and providing a next-generation platform for powerful new applications. Since shipping its software in 2006, Splunk now has 5,600 customers in over 90 countries around the world. These organizations are using Splunk to harness the power of their machine data for application management, IT operations and infrastructure management, cybersecurity, compliance, web intelligence, business analytics and more. Innovation is in our DNA â€" from technology to the way we do business.
Splunk now has over 800 employees worldwide, with headquarters in San Francisco with offices around the world.
We've built a phenomenal foundation for success with a proven leadership team, highly passionate employees and unique patented software. We invite you to help us continue our drive to define a new industry and become part of an innovative, and disruptive software company.
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED