Remote Wireless Network Management Lead Engineer Apprion
- Define and Implement best practices for a remote network monitoring/management operation to deliver best-in-class Service
- Manage the customer interfaces to ensure the highest level of customer satisfaction.
- Define key metrics and reports (performance, reliability, security) to share with the customer and Apprion senior management to demonstrate Service value.
- Establish, prioritize, and implement a rapid response system for incoming alerts indicating problems in the customer's network.
- Work with field wireless engineers to diagnose and recommend remedies for problems identified from Apprion's management console
- Build, configure and deploy remote Linux based network monitoring and control systems
- Work closely with clients to build systems that meet their requirements
- Work closely with Apprion's embedded firmware and software development teams, offering feedback from the field
- Be a point of contact for customers to resolve technical issues post-deployment.
- 3 5 years min. experience as a lead member of a Managed Services or Network Monitoring business.
- 3 5 years min. experience with competitive network and security monitoring management solutions (HP OpenView, Counterpane, Cisco, etc.).
- 3 5 years min. experience with network/device management using SNMP
- 3 5 years min. experience monitoring, managing, and troubleshooting customer networks
- Rock solid knowledge of networking concepts: TCP/IP, HTTP/S, SSH, UDP, IP routing, etc.
- 3+ years experience in customer relationship management
- 2+ years of solid experience with wireless technologies (802.11a, b, g, WiMAX, RFID, UWB, etc.)
- Working knowledge of wireless network performance fundamentals: Signal strength, radiated power, occupancy, throughput, wireless bridging and association, etc.
- Working knowledge of wireless security
- Working knowledge of Unix/Linux operating systems with ability to compile/install/configure/troubleshoot software a big plus
- Working knowledge of Windows operating systems with ability to install/configure/troubleshoot software a big plus
- Working knowledge of network and application security concepts (authorization/authentication/ACL)
- BS in Computer Science, or equivalent experience. (MS preferred).
||Mountain View, CA |