Research Scientist 2 - Nucleic Acid Purification, 12 Month Project Position Promega
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED Tracking Code
--This is a project position anticipated to last 12 months. As a project employee, you are not eligible to participate in our benefits program.
Promega is looking for a Project Nucleic Acid Purification Scientist. The successful candidate will be principally involved with the execution and analysis of laboratory experiments at the bench to achieve project goals. This position is responsible for assisting senior scientific staff in the development of manual and automated methods for nucleic acid purification. It also includes performing automated experimentation, analyzing and reporting data, troubleshooting automated methods, and assisting others in identifying problems in project planning and execution.
Our ideal candidate will have:
? BA/BS degree in a Biological or Chemical science or a related field.
? Experience with standard molecular biology techniques and tools preferably in both academic and industrial environments.
? Ability to clearly communicate experimental results and interpret these for consistency with product performance specification.
? Basic computer skills including MS Excel and Word to analyze data and prepare reports.
JOB OBJECTIVE: Principally involved with the execution and analysis of laboratory experiments. Recognize and evaluate the integrity of experimental data and conditions or circumstances affecting their interpretation. Training position, individual has basic capabilities to perform routine lab experiments. Receives some direction, typically, on a weekly basis.
1. Become competent in the application of multiple techniques (e.g., sequencing, PCR).
2. Prepare technical summaries and protocols at a rudimentary level and a summary of experimental work.
3. Assist others in identifying problems in project planning and execution of the plan.
4. Prepare summaries of experimental work.
5. Identify and solve elementary problems in experimental design and use appropriate experimental controls.
6. Demonstrate basic knowledge of product line.
7. Understand if outcome of work will meet a product performance specification.
8. Work at bench.
9. Understands and complies with ethical, legal and regulatory requirements applicable to our business.
1. A.D./B.S. degree in scientific discipline with 4+ years post graduate lab experience.
1. Ability to work at lab bench or fume hood for extended period of time.
2. Ability to wear protection gear (gloves, lab coat, safety glasses, etc.).
3. Ability to operate a computer.
Promega Corporation is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
Madison, Wisconsin, United States
||2800 Woods Hollow Road |
Madison, WI 53711
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED