Research Scientist - Amplification Promega
JOB OBJECTIVE: Principally involved with the execution and analysis of laboratory experiments. Designs, analyzes, interprets series of experiments and may assume leadership to achieve project goals. May take on leadership role on teams when appropriate. Design and execute experimental strategy leading to the achievement of successful project goals.
1. Recognized as an expert in multiple areas of technical specialization.
2. Generate clear and concise technical documentation and contribute to internal and/or external literature.
3. Analysis of issues and data, drawing conclusions and taking actions based on these conclusions.
4. Work independently, may direct work of others.
5. Create experimental strategy and identify pitfalls.
6. Mentor or technical resource for others and begin training others in project planning.
7. Read and understand peer reviewed scientific literature.
8. Derive information from multiple sources to design a plan.
9. Work with team to establish product specifications and determine whether performance of product/service meets customer needs.
10. Understands and complies with ethical, legal and regulatory requirements applicable to our business.
1. Must have at least one year of experience with next generation sequencing.
3. Demonstrated competence in the design and execution of complex experimental strategies.
4. Must have an MS degree in a scientific discipline with 4 years of experience.
1. Ability to work at lab bench or fume hood for extended period of time.
2. Ability to wear protection gear (gloves, lab coat, safety glasses, etc.).
3. Ability to operate a computer.
Promega Corporation is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
Madison, Wisconsin, United States
||2800 Woods Hollow Road |
Madison, WI 53711