Research Scientist - HEOR ($2,000 referral bonus) PatientsLikeMe
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED Job Description
PatientsLikeMe is embarking on an exciting stage of development to expand our award-winning team. We believe that "to measure is to know" and we want you to develop outcome measures for our patients and use these to conduct research studies on our platform.
We don't take on just any client project though; we want you to design, execute, and deliver health outcomes projects that bring the patient voice right into the decision-making heart of the healthcare industry. We believe that the tools we develop together will be so useful for patients and researchers that we want to share them with the world without restriction too.
Using your analytic skills and experience of executing high-quality HEOR research projects you will employ PatientsLikeMe?s shared health data to answer questions like:
- What outcome measures can we use to effectively measure the health states and progression of patients with serious illnesses like diabetes, COPD, and rare developmental disorders?
- How can we develop new measures of functional status and disease impact that could be validated online psychometrically and later deployed in clinical studies?
- How do we reflect back meaningful information from patient reported outcomes back to patients to help them better manage their illness and become more empowered?
- How do patient-reported outcomes data from our platform compared with real world evidence from other data sources like registries, claims databases, and observational studies?
- What new value can we gain for patients by sharing their health data online?
In addition to being an expert researcher, as an accomplished writer, communicator, and PowerPoint expert, you will succinctly communicate the key findings to diverse audiences including scientists and senior business executives.
As a member of the PatientsLikeMe team you will share lessons learned from each project to help us improve our platform to enhance the patient?s ability to find other patients who can inform and support them as they share their experience and learn from others.
- Put patients first in everything that you do
- Take requirements from customers (external and internal) and develop methodologically rigorous HEOR designs to answer their questions and solve patients? problems
- Execute research projects through our survey tool, open text analysis, direct messaging with patients
- Perform statistical analysis and interpretation in the context of the existing scientific literature
- Write white papers for clients, deliver high-impact presentations for decision-makers, and publish peer-reviewed journal articles
- PhD or Master's level education; prefer expertise in patient-reported outcomes, health services research, or health economics
- 3+ Years experience in human clinical research; demonstrated experience in research design, data collection, data analysis, and publication
- 3+ Years industry experience (e.g. pharma, payers, CRO)
You should become very familiar with our work and our vision before applying; check out our Research area, YouTube presentations, and our blog. In particular you should check out work on the ALSFRS-EX, the MS Rating Scale (MSRS), and the MS Treatment Adherence Questionnaire (MSTAQ) for a sense of our most relevant work. Send us a resume and cover letter to email@example.com highlighting your best work and what you can bring to the team.
||222 Third Street |
Cambridge, MA 02142
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED