Research Scientist ObjectVideo
Duties & Responsibilites
- Develop advanced computer vision algorithms for intelligent video surveillance systems.
- Design and develop custom video surveillance solutions.
- Analyze and refine computer vision algorithms to support product launch.
- Write government grant proposals and fulfill government project.
- Write research proposals.
- Coordinate research efforts internally and externally with research, government and business partners.
- Perform Research on research grants and internal research and development.
- Evaluate proposal topics of government agencies including Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR), Small Business Technology Transfers (STTR) and Broad Area Announcements (BAA).
- Attend conferences in the fields of Computer Vision, Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence.
- Review journal and conference paper submissions by researchers in the field of Computer Vision, Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence.
- PhD in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Vision, Robotics, related field or equivalent experience.
- Solid research background and experience in computer vision, image processing, surveillance technologies, real-time computer vision software development, and statistical data analysis.
- Experience with computer vision algorithms and scientific analysis.
- Current knowledge of research literature in Computer Vision with a history of publication in the field.
- Solid experience in software engineering using object-oriented design principles with proficiency in C/C++ and Java.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Familiarity with Matlab and the MS .NET platform is preferred.
||11600 Sunrise Valley Drive |
Reston, VA 20191
Intelligent surveillance systems based on advanced machine vision.Investors: Draper Richards
, Novak Biddle Venture Partners
, Updata Partners All Jobs: at ObjectVideo
|Headquarters:||11600 Sunrise Valley Drive|
Reston, VA 20191
|Company Profile:||ObjectVideo is the leading provider of intelligent video software for security, public safety, business intelligence gathering, process improvement and other applications.
Originally founded in 1998 by world-renowned scientists and program managers from the Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA) and headquartered in Reston, VA, ObjectVideo is a private company backed by leading venture capital partners. The company employs more than 100 highly-skilled professionals and is led by a renowned management team.
Nearly 40 of the company's research and development staff are PhD's, internationally known for their research in the field of computer vision. ObjectVideo holds numerous patents in the field of computer vision, with many additional patents still pending.
ObjectVideo software is primarily available to the market through original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) that embed ObjectVideo OnBoard - digital signal processor-based technology - into a variety of devices. ObjectVideos world-wide partner network includes industry leading manufacturing and technology partners. |
Support ObjectVideo with Social Media services