Responsibilities: Pandora Media
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Vice President, Sales Development - New York, NY
At Pandora we have a single mission: To play only the music you'll love. (Okay, we've added comedy as well â€" so we're also up for playing some jokes you'll love). To do this, it takes lots and lots of smart, self-motivated, and passionate people. Our teams are innovating in everything we do â€" from our playlists, to our ad services, to making Pandora available everywhere. All of that is in the service of building the best product we can, so that you can simply enjoy the music. Working at Pandora is a job, but a job you'll love.
The VP, Sales Development is pivotal to the success of this rapidly growing company thriving in the mobile, radio and digital space. It is an exciting opportunity to work within a sales organization while leading an innovative team of highly motivated marketing professionals in an extremely fast-paced and rapidly changing environment. The ideal candidate is ambitious and seeks a collaborative work environment, as well as possesses the desire to contribute to the growth of a company that calls 150 million+ users our customers.
The primary function of this role is to lead the Sales Development team as the marketing partner to the sales organization. The Sales Development team collaborates across sales, research, consumer marketing, business development, product and engineering teams to develop and deliver meaningful, brand & consumer insight-driven solutions to clients. The Sales Dev team mission is to build long term client relationships through a demonstrated understanding of their business goals and challenges, strategic partnership recommendations, mutually beneficial ideas and measureable results.
- Develop relationships with various client constituents including CMOs, brand managers, strategic planners, research teams, media, social and creative agencies to create awareness and deep understanding of the Pandora platform.
- Mentor regional sales development teams & collaborate with sellers on key and strategic account development. Ensure team has the tools, support and knowledge to grow with the organization.
- Provide thought leadership and proven brand focused expertise in developing insights, briefs and marketing programs that meet client objectives.
- Co-develop product and marketing innovation in conjunction with client partners that benefit both the Pandora listeners and client objectives.
- Collaborate with internal teams to establish brand consistency for Pandora consumer event experiences as part of client marketing programs, being mindful of filters to differentiate us â€" â€œOnly Pandoraâ€
- Create, develop and execute Pandora Innovation Summits. Collaborate with marketing teams to host 2-4 summits with key partners to create a deeper relationship and increase brand investment with Pandora.
- Be champions of the internal process to drive collaboration and organizational efficiencies
- Develop and create strategic client architecture & communication process. Partner with Sales organization to identify playbook and key decision makers.
- Brand Positioning â€" identify & articulate â€œSoulâ€ of the brand
- Brand Foundation â€" Public data, partnerships
- Key Decision Makers within Client and Agencies
- Map internal Pandora relationships with client brand/franchises
- Institutionalize methodology and positive team approach throughout organization, with emphasis on rising stars within Pandora organization. Provide mentorship/coaching relationship organically through inspiring interaction with teammates and measured results.
- Lead, mentor and grow a strong team of regional marketing experts who contribute to revenue growth in a meaningful way
- Contribute to revenue growth of key accounts through smart strategy and measurable results
- Establish, expand or deepen relationships with direct clients
- Identify Client brand and agency architecture â€" budget decision makers
- Unleash unique brand skillset within Sales Dev team as well as across entire organization
- Development of high quality, brand/client based presentations & creative marketing tools
- Increase collaboration & productivity between Sales Dev and internal functional teams.
- Host Innovation Summits with key clients and strategic partners
- 16+ years experience as seasoned marketer in a digital media or broadcast radio/television environment
- Both Agency and client experience is preferred
- Demonstrated experience growing a team in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment, with a track record of proven leadership and a collaborative mindset
- Must be an articulate professional with excellent oral and written communication skills as this position is required to develop original written content an the demonstrated ability to present in high profile group environments
- Expert knowledge of the digital and/or broadcast advertising industry with a strong professional network of media, marketing and brand advertising professionals
- Strong people management skills to ensure regional team members are challenged, growing and delivering beyond expectations.
- BS required in Business, Marketing, Economics, Psychology or Sociology related undergrad degree. MBA strongly preferred
- Travel to sales field offices as well as industry/client events required approximately 50% of the time.
||New York, NY |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED