Responsible Engineer, Navigation Sensors SpaceX
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Responsible Engineer, Navigation Sensors
Avionics - Guidance, Navigation, and Control | Hawthorne, CA, United States
SpaceX is a US based advanced technology company founded by residing CEO and CTO, Elon Musk. SpaceX builds rockets and spacecraft from the ground up; including electronics, software, vehicle structures, and engines. Our development and production efforts represent some of the most dynamic and challenging technology and engineering systems in the world.
We pride ourselves on being a meritocracy where employees are defined by their capabilities and contributions, instead of title or tenure. We are actively seeking the best and brightest minds from all industries and technologies to continue to build our world class team.
Our employees thrive in a fast-paced environment focused on innovation and high levels of personal responsibility. At SpaceX we cut through the noise and believe in the essentials of hardcore engineering. We build it, test it, and fly it.
- Provide engineering expertise in the area of GNC Sensor Integration and Test for our Falcon launch vehicles and Dragon spacecraft
- Design hardware test strategies, infrastructure, and test plans for both sensor characterization and for environmental tests; ensures Nth article meets performance requirements
- Understand the product designs and their current processes (assembly, test, and vehicle integration)
- Interfaces directly with hardware design engineers, external suppliers, and internal production/test teams to ensure all hardware is received on-time, correctly tested, and integrated on the vehicle following a strict schedule
- Performs all sensor checkouts prior to launch (sensor alignment, calibration, etc.)
- Work with all teams to continuously increase the efficiency of the design, test, production, and integration processes
Required Skills and Experience
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or equivalent area of focus; Solid electrical engineering and lab test equipment skills are a must.
- Demonstrated hands-on experience in the design, test, and/or integration of sensor hardware (IMUs, GPS, star trackers, LIDARs, etc.)
- Current experience using hardware test equipment including oscilloscopes, multi-meters, logic analyzers, etc.
- Capable of reading and creating electrical engineering schematics
- Experience with hardware communication protocols
- Passion for advancing the commercial space industry and human spaceflight
- Ability to work in a fast paced, autonomously driven, and demanding start-up atmosphere
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Masters of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or equivalent area of focus
- Past experience testing precision gyroscopes and accelerometers
- Experience in fast-paced commercial based projects (non-aerospace) strongly preferred
SpaceX offers one of the best environments in the world for employees to learn, build real working systems and tackle exciting challenges every day. We operate in a fun, casual work environment and have great benefits including: competitive salary, stock options, medical/dental insurance and free gym memberships. By joining the SpaceX team, you are not just a part of history, you are making it.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resource Department at (310) 363-6000.
<< Back to Current Openings
||multiple, multiple |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED