Responsible Engineer (RF and Communications Hardware) SpaceX
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Responsible Engineer (RF and Communications Hardware)
Avionics - Hardware Development | Hawthorne, CA, United States
SpaceX is a US based advanced technology company founded by residing CEO and CTO, Elon Musk. SpaceX builds rockets and spacecraft from the ground up; including electronics, software, vehicle structures, and engines. Our development and production efforts represent some of the most dynamic and challenging technology and engineering systems in the world.
We pride ourselves on being a meritocracy where employees are defined by their capabilities and contributions, instead of title or tenure. We are actively seeking the best and brightest minds from all industries and technologies to continue to build our world class team.
Our employees thrive in a fast-paced environment focused on innovation and high levels of personal responsibility. At SpaceX we cut through the noise and believe in the essentials of hardcore engineering. We build it, test it, and fly it.
- Debug and characterize RF components used for spacecraft communications
- Evaluate new RF components for future spacecraft designs emphasizing cost and low power consumption
- Assist in the development of automated test equipment to allow production testing of RF avionics components
- Characterize and analyze radio performance data for passive and active radio components that operate in UHF, S-Band, and L-Band frequencies
- Write or update qualification and acceptance test procedures for radio related avionics components
Required Skills and Experience:
- Bachelors of Science in Electrical Engineering or similar technical area of study; must have strong first principal knowledge of electromagnetic theory, communications, and RF circuit design
- Demonstrated project experience designing, testing, and implementing communications hardware (board level design) in a fast paced environment; emphasis on full lifecycle design projects not small product enhancements to legacy systems
- Must be very familiar with communications related test equipment including spectrum analyzers, signal analyzers, oscilloscopes, power amplifiers/meters, and network analyzers
- Must be able to navigate the smith chart and have a very good understanding of transmission line theory
- Must have a thorough understanding of RF passive components such as hybrid couplers, Wilkinson dividers, circulators, isolators, attenuators, filters, duplexers, and directional couplers
- Must have experience characterizing radio performance in L-Band, UHF, and S-Band frequencies
- Should have knowledge of digital communication systems and modulation types such as FSK, BPSK, QPSK, QAM, and OFDM
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Advanced degree in Electrical Engineering with emphasis on communications theory
- RF design using Agilent ADS or AWR Microwave Office
- C++ programing experience and/or MATLAB experience for analyzing RF systems
- Python and/or LabVIEW programming experience
- Electromagnetic propagation and antenna systems
- Digital communication theory with emphasis on Bit Error rate for particular
- LNA design or RF PA design in the S-Band frequency range
SpaceX offers one of the best environments in the world for employees to learn, build real working systems and tackle exciting challenges every day. We operate in a fun, casual work environment and have great benefits including: competitive salary, stock options, medical/dental insurance and free gym memberships. By joining the SpaceX team, you are not just a part of history, you are making it.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resource Department at (310) 363-6000.
<< Back to Current Openings
||Hawthorne, CA |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED