Retail Marketing Associate Craftsy
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED Company Overview:
Sympoz, Inc./Craftsy is a Denver-based start-up at the intersection of online education, social communities, and e-commerce. We produce HD-quality classes in quilting, sewing, knitting, cake decorating, and more. The Craftsy platform enables passionate crafters around the world to learn from expert instructors ? anywhere, any time ? and to easily interact with instructors and classmates as they do. Learn it, make it, and even share it on Craftsy.com by posting projects for inspiration and feedback or selling in our free-to-list indie patterns marketplace. Just over a year old, with 95 classes and over one million users, Craftsy is already a leader in the social crafting space ? and there?s so much more to come!
Sympoz/Craftsy, was founded in May 2010 by an experienced executive team from eBay, Yahoo!, and ServiceMagic. The leadership is strong, and supports every employee in building and moving the company forward each day. We learn on the fly, and respond quickly to user feedback and ideas. The office is fast-paced and fluid, with the long hours start-ups are known for. But we like to have fun, too: like any good start-up, there are video games, rock concerts, paintball, and bottomless snacks.
The Retail Marketing Associate will help drive the growth of Craftsy Connect, a new program launched in November 2012 to build stronger relationships with independent craft retail stores. It has already attracted dozens of partner shops across the country, and now needs additional support to realize its full potential.
Primary goals include:
- Grow participation in the Craftsy Connect program (e.g., reaching out to industry lists, attending select trade events with creative programs to attract new retailers)
- Increase engagement and consistency of partner shop participation (e.g., newsletters, surveys)
- Focus on efforts to scale and automate the program wherever possible
Job functions include:
- Research, plan, create, and implement campaigns that engage and motivate partners
- Use insight, data and feedback to identify new opportunities within the program
- Manage day-to-day partner needs and requests with care and efficiency
- Keep shops connected, informed, and inspired to further their success in Craftsy Connect
How you'll spend your time:
Your projects will be born out of listening to partner shops' needs and developing solutions - so if you need to know exactly what you'll be doing every day, this is not the job for you. The immediate support needed is in link generation, creating shop profiles in our database, updating HTML templates to be specific to each shop, and answering program and tech support questions from partners. Sample upcoming projects focus on scaling and automating in areas of lead tracking, outreach campaigns, and onboarding new partners. You?ll work with Engineering to develop backend tools to support Craftsy Connect, with Marketing to produce a consistent communication plan and program deliverables, and with other teams as needed for ideas we haven?t thought of yet. Beyond that is to be determined? with your help!
A successful approach:
This position requires excellent relationship and project management skills, cultivating one-on-one partnerships at scale and developing efficiencies to respond to many unique needs at once. Communication is key, as you'll break down technical processes into easy-to-understand steps for a diverse audience. The program will be best served by a persuasive spirit who can evangelize the opportunity in this new business model to potential partners. Your self-motivated and entrepreneurial drive will be valued here, as you help build something truly innovative in this industry, from the ground up.
The Craftsy culture is one of analytical thinking and data-driven decision-making. A comfort with numbers and interest in the stories they tell will be critical to your success. The program's continued development and strategy will be shaped by your performance analysis and creative suggestions. You'll need to keep an eye on the big picture, orchestrating day-to-day projects to that end. With hard work and achieved results, your responsibility and ownership of the program will quickly increase.
The ideal candidate would bring some of the following:
- Experience launching a new line of business and managing feedback toward iterative improvements
- Experience in customer service, listening to needs and delivering solutions
- Industry experience working with shops; otherwise, in retail marketing in any industry
- A passion for crafting, preferably fiber arts (e.g., quilting, sewing, knitting, crochet) as the bulk of our Craftsy Connect shops serve those disciplines
- An understanding of the challenges and opportunities small business owners face today, and the important role these partners play in both the craft community and local economy
- Demonstrated experience excelling amongst a talented peer group
- Understanding of key consumer internet metrics
- Demonstrated ability to juggle priorities and projects
- Creative and resourceful problem-solving skills
- Proactive and adaptive in a fast-paced environment
- Highly organized and attentive to detail
- Persuasive and concise writing skills
- Bonus points for experience with: HTML, SQL, CRM
This position is part-time to start (up to 30 hours per week), and requires the flexibility to travel (at least 4 trade shows per year).
Please include the following in your cover letter:
- A time you listened to customers, identified needs, created and implemented a solution
- A time you launched something, and what you learned from its failure or success
- Thoughts on the challenges and opportunities indie craft retailers face today
Start Date: ASAP
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k, Commuter Benefits, Generous and flexible vacation/sick policy
||Denver, CO |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED