Revenue Manager Workday, Inc.
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Do you want to actually look forward to Monday mornings? You can at Workday! We embody the qualities of a great company, offer world-class products and services, listen to our employees, empower creativity and innovation, and celebrate a job well done. Itâs that simple, and has earned us the #1 ranking on two 2012 âBest Places to Workâ surveys (as voted by our own employees).
Workday is searching for a versatile Revenue Manager to join the Corporate Accounting Revenue team located in Pleasanton, California. Reporting to the Director of Revenue Accounting, this person will play a pivotal role as Workday continues to thrive in a dynamic and fast paced environment.
Main Job Tasks and ResponsibilitiesÂ
Work with Sales, Sales Operations and Legal during contract negotiations and provide suggestions and assistance in order to ensure proper revenue recognition
- Review revenue related contracts and understand contracts terminology for compliance with revenue recognition guidelines, SAB 104, EITF 08-1 and determine appropriate treatment
- Prepare contract analysis revenue schedule for each subscription fee transaction
- Manage the relative selling price analysis
- Prepare technical accounting memos and analysis
- Review and analyze revenue and deferred revenue schedules
- Review and approve journal entries and reconciliations for revenue and deferred accounts
- Build and maintain effective relationships with key business partners
- Deliver the highest standard of departmental, cross departmental and cross region customer service
- Ensure compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley including liaising with internal and external auditors during quarterly reviews and annual audit
- Manage revenue reporting, analysis and forecasting
- Lead training on revenue recognition, policies and practices within the Company, and in particular within the Sales organization
- Lead and assist with other special projects as needed
- Key member of the WOW team; implementation of Workday Contracts and Revenue Management
Education and Experience
- Bachelorâs degree in Accounting/Finance
- CPA with Big 4 experience preferred
- Experience in the SaaS industry
- Minimum of 12 years related experience in Accounting
- Ability to work independently, with general direction and guidance
- Excellent analytical and financial modeling skills
- Experience in the application of accounting principles to periodic financial reporting, planning and forecasting
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Ability to learn new concepts and technology quickly
- Willingness and ability to adapt to the rapid business and organizational changes that accompany a high-growth environment
||Pleasanton, CA |
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
The Workday experience is the combination of everything that's unique about Workday: our culture, our core values, our company meetings, our Development "Show and Tell" happy hours, our soccer team, our recognition programs, but most importantly it's our people. It's everything that makes us different from your average employer, and everything that makes Workday a great place to spend a work day.
> 50M RaisedInvestors: Greylock Partners All Jobs: at Workday, Inc.
|Headquarters:||6230 Stoneridge Mall Rd.|
Pleasanton, CA 94588
Support Workday, Inc. with Social Media services