Revenue Manager Palo Alto Networks
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Palo Alto Networks, the network security company, is looking for an individual to help develop the company's revenue recognition and accounting and management with particular emphasis on closing revenue each month on a timely basis with a very high level of precision and accuracy.
This individual will be a key member of the Controller's group and will report to the Senior Revenue Manager.
- Review revenue related contracts and evaluate new product and service introductions for compliance with revenue recognition guidelines, SAB Topic 13, ASC 605 and ASC 985 and determine appropriate accounting treatment
- Prepare technical accounting memos and analysis
- Lead revenue ERP implementation
- Review and analyze revenue and deferred revenue schedules
- Review and approve journal entries and reconciliations for revenue and deferred accounts
- Manage fair value and implied PCS analysis
- Manage professional services revenue and accounting process
- Monitor and report status against monthly and quarterly close checklists
- Identify and implement process improvements in the order-to-cash process
- Act as a business partner with all company stakeholders in the revenue cycle, including Sales and Sales Operations, Legal, IT, and other organizations involved in the revenue cycle
Deliver the highest standard of departmental, cross departmental and cross region customer service
- Ensure compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley including liaising with internal and external auditors during quarterly reviews and annual audit
- Support revenue reporting, analysis and forecasting
- Lead training on revenue recognition, policies and practices within the Company
- Lead and assist with other special projects as needed
- BA or BS in finance/accounting. CPA preferred
- 6+ years of high tech revenue recognition experience
- Minimum 4 years of public accounting experience
- Excellent knowledge of ASC 605-25 and ASC 985-605
- Ability and desire to learn new skills with a keenness for acquiring systems knowledge.
- Energy and desire to thrive in a fast-paced organization.
- Ability to identify areas for improvements on existing processes through change is a strong plus.
- Strong customer service orientation with excellent oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to take ownership for projects and drive to completion
- Experience in a fast changing, fast-paced multi-national company
- Excellent teamwork, including the ability to interact with all organization levels
||Santa Clara, CA |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED