Rigger / Lift Master SpaceX
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Rigger / Lift Master
Texas - Ground Support Equipment Operations and Engineering | McGregor, TX, United States
SpaceX is a US based space technology company founded by its residing CEO and CTO, Elon Musk, the former co-founder of PayPal. The company's goal is to renew a sense of excellence in the space industry by disrupting the current paradigm of complacency and replacing it with innovation and commercialized price points; laying the foundation for a truly space-faring human civilization.
SpaceX builds rockets and spacecraft from the ground up; including electronics, software, vehicle structures, and engines. In-house development includes nearly all flight critical custom components amounting to approximately 85% of our vehicles both by mass and by value. Our development and production efforts represent some of the most dynamic and challenging technology problems seen in any organization.
Our success is driven by a wide variety of engineering perspectives and openness to all great ideas. We pride ourselves on being a meritocracy where employees are defined by their capabilities and contributions, instead of title or tenure. We are actively seeking the best and brightest minds from all industries to continue to build our world class team.
Our employees thrive in a fast-paced engineering ecosystem focused on innovation and high levels of personal responsibility. At SpaceX we cut through the noise and believe in the essentials of hardcore engineering.
We build it, test it, and fly it.
Rocket Development Facility â€" Our Texas team is an integral part of SpaceX operations and plays the critical role of testing our flight vehicles and spacecraft. Located on a 700 acre site in central Texas, the Rocket Development Facility is responsible for testing hardware from development stages through acceptance for flight, and from component level to complete stage testing. Experiencing the rumbling of a rocket engine multiple times each day is just one of the highlights of working at our Rocket Development Facility.
- Act as lift master for all heavy crane lifts â€" items could weigh up to several hundred thousand pounds
- Ensure that crew members and materials are hoisted and maneuvered in a safe and proficient manner by performing site surveys, task analysis, and critical lift calculations.
- Write and implement lift plans and critical lifts plans determining proper rigging hardware and configurations based on engineer calculations of weight, dimensions, pick points, rotations, and center of gravity.
- Tilt, dip and turn suspended loads to maneuver over, under and/or around obstacles using multi-point suspension techniques.
- Coordinate and direct crane riggers and operators in the areas of, but not limited to, performing inspections, operator level maintenance, selection and configuration of slings, cables, ropes, pulleys, winches, blocks, shackles and sheaves according to weight and size of load to be moved.
- Inspect and maintain overhead cranes and smaller hydraulic cranes (60 tons or less)
- Attach pulleys and blocks to fixed overhead structures such as beams, ceilings and gin pole booms, using bolts and clamps.
- Inspect and schedule maintenance for rental equipment, such as aerial platforms/manlifts, warehouse forklifts, all-terrain SkyTracks and Hyster forklifts.
- Make a continuous effort to improve operations, decrease turnaround times, streamline work processes, and work cooperatively and jointly .
- Performs other related duties, as assigned, for the purpose of ensuring an efficient and effective work environment.
Education & Experience Requirements:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- 5 or more years of experience as a certified rigger preferred
- NCCER Certifications preferred
- Crane Operator Certification is a plus
- Understanding of all rigging equipment â€" shackles, straps, slings, rope, hoists, etc.
- Ability to calculate and determine appropriate lifting equipment and write lift plans
- Strong working knowledge of lifting signals and communications
- Strong working knowledge of operating and inspecting heavy equipment
- Ability to rapidly change roles/responsibilities while working in a high-paced, challenging work environment
- Preference will be given to qualified local candidates
- A valid Texas Driver's License
- Ability to perform job duties that require standing, kneeling, crouching, twisting upper body, working in cramped positions in small opening and climbing hand over hand, lifting 50 lbs., and working on ladders/lifts at elevated heights
- Typically exposed to work in extreme outdoor environments â€" heat, cold, rain
Additional position information
- Work performed in an environment requiring exposure to fumes, odors, and noise
Work Hours and Conditions:
- Typically 50 hour work weeks, schedule varies depending on site operational needs, flexibility required
- Overtime is frequently required for particular tasks or test series
SpaceX offers one of the best environments in the world for employees to learn, build real working systems and tackle exciting challenges every day. We operate in a fun, casual work environment and have great benefits including: competitive salary, stock options, medical/dental insurance and free gym memberships. By joining the SpaceX team, you are not just a part of history, you are making it.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resource Department at (310) 363-6000.
<< Back to Current Openings
||multiple, multiple |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED