Palo Alto, California-based, Tesla Motors uses proprietary technology, world-class design, and state-of-the-art manufacturing processes to create a new generation of highway capable electric vehicles. We utilize an innovative distribution model based on Company-owned sales and service centers. This approach allows us to maintain the highest levels of customer experience and benefit from short customer feedback loops to ensure our customer needs are fulfilled. We believe our operational infrastructure provides us with a competitive advantage compared to traditional automobile manufacturers.
Paint Robotics Technician
The successful candidate will have extensive experience in industrial automation, with a focus on Paint Robots, PLC systems, Automation maintenance, electronics and controls. This person must be capable of working under pressure with other team members.â€‹ The successful candidate will have knowledge in Automotive manufacturing systems, as well as exceptional automation knowledge.â€‹
- Perform set-up and trouble-shooting of spray application equipment (robots, fluid handling equipment, hand spray guns)
- Conduct paint equipment repairs
- Program paint robots, create application parameters, and complete associated set-up documents
- Provide leadership direction and guidance to operators
- Instruct Production Operators on job assignments and provide training when necessary
- Maintain proper workplace safety and 5-S standards of work area
- Apply current experience and available methods to troubleshoot any issues related to paint line.
- Support training/coaching of robot tech team.
- Verify implementation and effectiveness of recommended solutions.
- Support process and maintenance activities consistent with departmental expectations and goals
- Responsible for training robot technicians to operate robotic paint system and process related equipment
- Works with maintenance to schedule equipment PM's
- Ensures people are properly trained to complete the PM's
- Verify and calibrate paint process and application equipment as directed in the total preventive maintenance plan to ensure the accuracy and repeatability of the painting process
- Document, track, record and organize path changes and parameter adjustments.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of PFMEA's, control plans and documentation
- Assist in developing robotic path programs and implemented strategies to maintain process specifications, film build requirements, color match and wave scan specifications.
- Assist in developing strategy and PM procedures for maintaining robots and process application equipment.
- Capable of trouble-shooting paint defects and implementing counter measures to eliminate defects
- Develop procedures to ensure smooth system start-up and shut down of process equipment to ensure quality for daily operations.
- Maintenance oriented with knowledge of mechanical and electrical troubleshooting of paint related equipment and peripherals.
- Hands on experience with paint robots and application equipment
- 5+ years of experience with Paint Robots and high volume industrial automation.
- Expert in robot programming, teaching and backup and restoration
- Experience creating various reports and database tools for management
- Experience with Fanuc Robots is a plus.
- Experience with Sames and Exel applicators is a plus.
- Experience in water-borne paint application is preferred.
- Good overall computer skills, including Microsoft Office and e-mail programs.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
Tesla Motors is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, color, age, sex, ancestry, marital status, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, present or past history of mental disability, genetic information or any other classification protected by state or federal law.