Ruby on Rails Application Engineer Brightcove
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Ruby on Rails Application Engineer
Zencoder | San Francisco, CA, United States
Req ID: NRQ
Zencoder offers awesome, API-driven video tools in the cloud. Our users range from small startups to major broadcasters. Customers love us and we're growing quickly, now as a part of the Brightcove product suite. Come be a part of the future of web video.
We're looking for an Application Engineer to work on our cloud-based transcoding software. This is a developer role, but we are looking for a developer with specific experience with operations. Zencoder consists of hundreds of servers running our API, queuing, transcoding, monitoring, and more. You will help work on APIs, queuing, scaling, and fault-tolerance.
What you'll do:
- You have experience building large applications in multiple languages. (We mostly use Ruby, with some C, Java, and Go sprinkled in.)
- You have experience developing and deploying software at high scale.
- You understand the basics of scalable cloud systems: Linux, security, Amazon EC2, HTTP, and web service architecture.
- You're familiar with message queues, relational databases, and other data stores. You know the tradeoffs between Riak, Redis, Zookeeper, and Postgresql.
- You understand the principles of software craftsmanship. You write clean code, even when working on extremely hard problems. You unit test everything.
- Work on Zencoder's engineering team. Improve and expand our existing cloud backend.
- Improve our job queuing, auto-scaling, server packing, and resiliancy.
- We scaled by 10x last year. Help us get to the next 10x-100x of scale.
What we look for in all employees:
- Salary and full benefits
- Stock options in a growing company
- Catered lunches every day
- Aeron chair and a Mac setup of your choice
- Commuter benefits
- Relocation help to the Bay Area
How to apply:
- Ambition to make things awesome, not just good enough
- Excitement about Zencoder and what we're building
- Positive attitude and desire to work with great people
- Send us a cover letter (required) explaining why you think you would be a good fit for this position. Include your resume, plus links to your Github profile, projects you've worked on, talks you given, etc.
- Check out Zencoder's API and tell us one thing you would do to make it better
<< Back to Current Openings
||San Francisco, CA |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Brightcove is an Internet TV platform.Investors: Accel Partners All Jobs: at Brightcove
|Headquarters:||One Cambridge Center|
Cambridge, MA 02142
|Company Profile:||Brightcove is an Internet TV platform.
We're dedicated to harnessing the inherent power of the Internet to transform the distribution and consumption of media.
Brightcove empowers content ownersfrom independent producers to major broadcast networksto reach their audiences directly through the Internet. At the same time, we help web publishers enrich their sites with syndicated video programming, and we give marketers more ways to communicate and engage with their consumers.
Most importantly, we give people the freedom to easily find, watch and participate in a broad range of video contentwhen and where they choose.|
Support Brightcove with Social Media services