Ruby / Rails Engineer; Shared Services LivingSocial
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED LivingSocial is the local marketplace to buy and share the best things to do in your city. We help local businesses grow by introducing them to high-quality new customers and give merchants the tools to make our members their regulars. We are in a position to change the face of the $100B+ local marketing industry.
At LivingSocial, we expect our engineers to be a vital part of the product development process. We build, measure, and learn, deploying to production multiple times per day and using data to drive decisions. As a member of the team, you will have the opportunity to make a difference and deliver value on a regular basis.
As a Engineer on the shared services team you will:
- Build a service-oriented architecture that handles millions of requests per day
- Improve our payments infrastructure that processes millions of dollars of revenue per day
- Improve our data architecture to support more generalized capabilities able to work with our full suite of marketing solutions.
- Build a backend platform that supports our entire suite of offers-based marketing solutions.
- Work with our data engineering team and other engineering teams to ensure we are collecting good data for all of our systems, measuring everything, and learning constantly from our data.
- Work with our TechOps and Data Center teams to make technology choices that are scalable, cost-effective, and can be adequately supported.
- Work with our Consumer, Merchant, Internal, and Email teams to support their infrastructure needs.
We are looking for dedicated and pragmatic engineers that enjoy building reliable and performant solutions. Well-qualified candidate will have:
- 3+ years of development experience; preference given to candidates who have experience with large applications of some scale
- Exceptional competency in object-oriented programming
- Background in developing high-performance APIs
You will be a great fit for the team if you enjoy:
- deploying to production multiple times a day
- collaborating daily with your team and other groups
- working on a distributed team
- iterative and incremental development
- fixing existing production issues as much as building new solutions
- taking smart risks and championing new ideas"
- Competitive Base Salary and Bonus Plan
- Opportunity to work with committed, talented people with a great sense of humor
LivingSocial appreciates your interest in our company as a place of employment. It is the policy of LivingSocial to provide equal opportunity for employment to all qualified employees and applicants, regardless of race, religion, religious affiliation, ancestry, citizenship status, marital status, familial status, sexual orientation, color, creed, national origin, sex, age, disability, or veteran status. This policy applies to all areas of employment including recruitment, placement, training, transfer, promotion, termination, pay, and other forms of compensation and benefits. The company will comply with its legal obligation to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities
||1445 New York Ave. NW |
Washington, DC 20005
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
LivingSocial is redefining localized online advertising and social commerce, while building a great company and having a blast along the way. The explosive growth and potential of LivingSocial has been recognized by both new and traditional media - from the Wall Street Journal to Facebook's CEO. To help fuel our growth, LivingSocial has secured over 49 million in funding this year from some of the most prominent venture capital companies in the nation.
20 - 50M RaisedInvestors: Grotech Ventures
, IVP-Institutional Venture Partners
, U.S. Venture Partners All Jobs: at LivingSocial
|Headquarters:||1445 New York Ave. NW|
Washington, DC 20005
|Industry:||Consumer Products and Services|
|Company Profile:||LivingSocial is the local marketplace to buy and share the best things to do in your city.
With unique and diverse offerings each day, we inspire members to discover everything from weekend excursions to one-of-a kind events and experiences to exclusive gourmet dinners to family aquarium outings and more.
We help local businesses grow by introducing them to high-quality new customers and give merchants the tools to make our members their regulars.
Based in Washington, DC, we have more than 70 million members around the world.|
Support LivingSocial with Social Media services