Ruby Web Engineer CrowdFlower
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
CrowdFlower is changing the way work gets done. We build a quality control system that distributes work to millions of people around the world, and analyzes the results to guarantee the highest possible accuracy.
Why would you want to work here? We treat people well and have fun working. CrowdFlower is a bike friendly, plant friendly, family friendly environment. Our team has a variety of interests and talents in addition to making mind-blowing software. Our perks include 100% medical care for employees and 80% for employees family, fresh fruit, healthy snacks, dinner Family style on Tuesdays, bagels on Wednesdays, lunch on Thursdays with featured guest speakers like Jeffrey Heer (D3 provocateur) and Tim Ferriss (The 4 hour work week). Like to play speed chess, pingpong or Yoga? You'll like CrowdFlower!
We're looking for an engineer that loves the web and has built applications they're proud of using Ruby. At CrowdFlower we're building a number of services backed by Ruby / Rails and Clojure. As a Ruby Web Engineer, you'll be interfacing closely with the rest of our 15 person engineering team to expose new API endpoints for our Ember frontends and developer API.
Our applications are used by thousands of people every hour around the world. Everything our engineers do has real and tangible impacts. You won't be just another cog in the machine.
A few things you'll focus on as a Ruby Web Engineer:
- Distilling complex requirements into simple interfaces
- Defining the future of CrowdFlower's platform
- Exposing new functionality and data within the core CrowdFlower platform
- Think through scaling challenges and create elegant solutions
- Work closely with data scientists to improve the platform
- Prior experience hacking on at least one significant production-level Ruby Web app
- A solid command of Ruby. This is a Ruby Web Engineer position, not a Rails Web Engineer position.
- Experience with scaling challenges and an interest in distributed systems
- The ability to manage your time and projects yourself. We don't micromanage
- Crowdsourcing - the name of our game - big ups if you're familiar
- Unix chops
- Machine Learning - Bayesian classifiers, Natural Language Processing, Support Vector Machines
- Git skills, and GitHub repos full of cool stuff you've hacked on.
We use the best tools, so let's talk keywords. Show us your experience in:
- Hornet Queue
- Amazon Web Services (S3, EC2, Mechanical Turk, DynamoDB - the whole #!)
||San Francisco, CA 94110 |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED